Ted Kennedy has brain tumor

What I don't understand regarding Savage's comments and a shit tonne of comments in this thread and on this board in general (And, really, everywhere) how so many people who are otherwise intelligent, thoughtful people can just blindly hate people for their political ideologies. They would never hate someone they have never met because of their color, or (with the exception of TDW, I guess) religion, but there are scores of people who just hate people simply because they disagree on politics. It's fucking stupid.

I think it's OK to hate people who say really unexcusable things, unless it can be documented that they are schizophrenic or have Tourette's or something like that. There are quite a few really, genuinely bad people in the world, and it is not a vice to despise them.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think anyone who disagrees with me is misguided.

And Bjorn, I wasn't talking about the extremes. There are plenty of people who hate all republicans (or Democrats) simply by virtue of them being on the "wrong" side of things.

I think anyone who disagrees with me is misguided.

And Bjorn, I wasn't talking about the extremes. There are plenty of people who hate all republicans (or Democrats) simply by virtue of them being on the "wrong" side of things.

Yes. There is also no lack of unreasonable people in the world. They need not be despised, but should probably be avoided, as they will harsh your mellow and give indigestion.

wow. some of you have no clue how tv/radio ratings are/can be influenced.

oh i have a clue, i just didn't agree w/ the comment in this instance, since i specifically didn't link to his site or anything as a result :)

Guest Rufer
My original point, was, why is Savage allowed to say such things on the air, while a mildly racist statement from Don Imus ends with him losing his job? I understand that ratings are king, and the be all end all of radio or any other type of broadcasting is revenue
  • 1 month later...
Guest Jules
When I first saw this link on Drudge, I thought I might post it w/ some smart ass remark. After reading the article, I am genuinely touched. I'm not sure I'd be touched by the song itself, but the gesture is very moving.

ghey

Correction: gay

• 1 month later...

Bump for the distinguished gentleman from the great state of Massachusetts.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0808/12826.html

I sincerely hope this wasn't the last time I ever see this guy in his element. May his prediction that he will be on the floor in January '09 come true. :thumbup