Ted Kennedy has brain tumor

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. It's amazing how much bullshit can be extricated from your life simply by not caring about the drama that surrounds this kind of bunk.

That is true. I used to drive 35-40 minutes each way to work and I would listen to talk radio (and sports radio) some of the time. And I would get unfuriated at certain hosts but also curious as to what they would say about certain topics. About two years ago I started taking public transportation and now I find that I don't miss those radio folks at all.

Exactly. And if you have no respect for the kind of people on the right that do that sort of thing, why would you engage in that kind of rhetoric from the left?

thanks...i read kind of 'well they do it, why don't we?' sort of vibe in that original post. televised/talk show punditry on either side is not news and completely takes focus off of the REAL issues that affect us all. the 'right wing' isn't any worse about it...they are just hellagood promoters/marketers/entertainers.

But politics affect the way the world works.

...but people can (or maybe it's should) choose how politics affect them or, better yet, how they affect politics. we/our views shouldn't be defined by any one thing, science, religion, politics, favorite sports teams, nels cline fan/non-fan, etc.

I don't understand the mentality of it being funny to piss people off.

i think it's more how funny it is that people actually get that pissed off over outrageous statements found on these shows.

plus, 9 times out of 10, to be funny...you are going to have to piss somebody off. many of the most legendary comedians/comedy shows are based on just that. the daily show and colbert report simultaneously piss me off and make me laugh on a nightly basis.

And I'm not quite sure I'm willing to allow as scene from Howard Stern's Private Parts to educate me on the finer points of radio and TV broadcasting in relation to Savage and his ilk.

Yet your avatar features a scene from a Hollywood film.

What proof do you have to offer that Limbaugh and Savage don
I don't really care to offer proof of their convictions, that's not the point. I'm far more conservative than you could ever be and I know they are blowhards and somewhat often douche bags so even though I'm probably what you would define as a sheep (right-wing), I don't really put much (if any) value on what they say.

Where you on the other hand are really giving their words some credence.

So, now I

I really could communicate with my dog better on this subject. :rolleyes

Vibes to the esteemed Senator from Massachusetts.

Just a little side note people, he

oy. which is more important...that Limbaugh and Savage mean exactly what they say in regards to nuking other countries and torture or that i'm that easily influenced to be convinced that they're right? i don't need to offer proof or justify either of those douchebags...I ALLOW THEM NO INFLUENCE ON HOW I LIVE MY LIFE!

as far as the stern thing goes...that scene was based on actual events. you could cite other examples of DJ's/hosts like steve dahl (in his earlier days), mancow muller, opie and anthony...shows where they aren't really that political in nature, but same principle applies. you really haven't heard the saying 'there is no such thing as bad publicity'?!

i majored in radio/tv/film in college and have been a lifelong radio business geek...not just listening, but following the business outside of the actual programs. throw in i've been in part of the evil marketing machine for years...i have a pretty good idea what works.

again, it'd also be nice to hear you explain how advocating the equivalent of dropping a nuclear bomb on a country we picked a fight with is any less shitty than advocating the equivalent of putting christians in a seperate detainment camp scenario?

I tried to make it abundantly clear I was joking