• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:heehee

we're so sneaky.

"Cyber-Wobbly."

Hmm, It looks like he might be just inside the Tampa market, because the University of Central Florida is on the Western part of Orlando and it looks like the Marlins market just wraps around Orlando.

If not, how do you go around getting out of market?

If you go to MLB.tv, at the bottom of the black part of the page you can type in his zip code and it will tell you for sure which markets he's in.

Greg Maddux stole a base last night.

Before or after the game? And doesn't he have enough money to buy his own base?

I got a million of 'em!

U.S. postal code "32816" (University of Central Florida address) is subject to blackout for the following MLB teams:

Tampa Bay Devil Rays

Florida Marlins

That is super lame. We'll have to use that IP block thing, I guess.

The thing about Torpark is that it's not super reliable. It's kind of an ad-hoc network. Sometimes it's slow to start up and mlb recognizes certain IP addresses as proxy servers. If they're doing a trial period, I'd make sure it works well enough before committing.

how do the standings work? As of today Tampa is .5 games up on the red sox. What needs to happen in order for the Red Sox to be in first? Do they have to win while the DEVILrays lose? Or is just a win enough because its only a half game, and then they'll be tied? please explain. Caliber went upstairs to shred documents and i don't want to go up and ask. kthxbai!!

To be in first place on their own, they'd have to win and the Rays would have to lose. With just a Sox win or just a Rays loss, they'd be tied, with the Rays getting the tiebreaker since they currently lead the head-to-head season series 7-6.

To be in first place on their own, they'd have to win and the Rays would have to lose. With just a Sox win or just a Rays loss, they'd be tied, with the Rays getting the tiebreaker since they currently lead the head-to-head season series 7-6.

thank you. How's your crazy little dog today?

thank you. How's your crazy little dog today?

He's great! Thanks for asking. :) He's been spending his Sunday alternately sleeping and practicing some commands from his first obedience class that he went to on Friday!

Pretty sad story about former Red Sox prospect and Marlin pitcher Anibal Sanchez's road to recovery since getting injured last year:

This isn't just the minor leagues, this is Single A minor-league ball. Yet this is where Anibal Sanchez pitched Tuesday, inching his way back from surgery to his rotator cuff to the big leagues and a Marlins team that is reshaping its rotation.

When Sanchez does return, he will carry a burden with him to the mound.

''I'm going to be really happy and sad for other reasons. I would like my son to be with me, but he's not here anymore,'' said Sanchez, whose infant son died in December. His son was born Sept. 6, 2007, exactly one year after Sanchez's no-hitter, and died a little more than three months later.

''That's a little sadness in my life right now, but I will be happy to be back with the Marlins. He was sick from a mosquito, but,'' said Sanchez, and then his voice trailed off.

He began to get emotional thinking about the loss of his son. Sanchez wouldn't elaborate, but before he threw his first pitch Tuesday, he knelt behind the mound for a moment of prayer.

It has been a long road back, but if Sanchez resembles the pitcher who threw for the Marlins in 2006, he could be a huge factor in the second half.

Sanchez was the wunderkind from Maracay, Venezuela, who just two years ago fashioned a rookie season that included a no-hitter and one of the strongest finishes in the majors.

Sanchez went 5-1 in September 2006, with a 1.86 ERA, holding opponents to a .194 batting average to finish the season 10-3 with the promise of a brilliant future.

He is still waiting.

I had no idea that happened to him, and that is really quite awful. That's a lot to go through while trying to recover from a potentially career threatening surgery. Wouldn't have been surprised or upset if he had taken a lot longer to get back. That's tough.

Rest of the story kind of goes deeper into his past and the Marlins' rotation.

Just scored a ticket for tonight's Home Run Derby. Look for me in a Santurce Cangrejeros jersey, in the very last row of Section 10 behind home plate (guess the only ball I may be in position to snag is a titanic foul back)

Oh, and ssssssshhhhhhh... 9 straight!

Pretty sad story about former Red Sox prospect and Marlin pitcher Anibal Sanchez's road to recovery since getting injured last year:

I had no idea that happened to him, and that is really quite awful. That's a lot to go through while trying to recover from a potentially career threatening surgery. Wouldn't have been surprised or upset if he had taken a lot longer to get back. That's tough.

Rest of the story kind of goes deeper into his past and the Marlins' rotation.

That is awful!