Hood Internet Chicago Mix

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news...net-chicago-mix

http://www.thehoodinternet.com/

Only available for free today (May 27th). It's pretty cool I guess, not exactly up my ally but some of you will appreciate it.

Chicago mashup masters the Hood Internet fete their hometown on their new mixtape' date=' the straightforwardly titled The Hood Internet vs. Chicago.

DJs STV SLV and ABX (aka Steve Reidell and Aaron Brink) bring their rap/R&B-fish-in-rock-waters aesthetic to their hometown, throwing Chicago MCs on top of music by Chicago bands and producers.

Artists featured on the mixtape include Kanye West, Kid Sister, Wilco, R. Kelly, Smashing Pumpkins, Common, Andrew Bird, the Cool Kids, Liz Phair, Rhymefest, Tortoise, Twista, Frankie Knuckles, Lupe Fiasco, the Sea and Cake, Dude N Nem, Ministry, Big Black, and, of course, the greatest rappers in Chicago history, the 1985 Chicago Bears.

The Hood Internet vs. Chicago makes its free digital appearance on the duo's blog via Two Thumbs Down today, May 27.

The Hood Internet have a handful of shows scheduled for this summer as well.

The Hood Internet vs. Chicago:

01 Pro Nails Forever (Kid Sister vs. Walter Meego)

02 Frog Minutes (Shawnna vs. LMNOP)

03 Cakeicide (Hollywood Holt vs. Prairie Cartel)

04 Juke and Pop (Mic Terror vs. Green Velvet)

05 Superbowl Jesus (Kanye West + 1985 Bears vs. Wilco)

06 Trenchache (Juice vs. Liz Phair)

07 80s Problems (Tha Basix vs. Mahjongg)

08 When Baby Mamas Collide (Qualo vs. Chin Up Chin Up)

09 Simple X-plosion (Diverse vs. Andrew Bird)

10 Your Love Iz What It Iz (The Cool Kids vs. Frankie Knuckles)

11 Sisters of Chicago-Rillas (Rhymefest vs. the Changes)

12 I Ain't That Bowie (Twista vs. the Sea and Cake)

13 Hay Electric (Crucial Conflict vs. Reds and Blue)

14 Watch My Big Feet Jump (Dude N Nem + Twista vs. Office)

15 Ten-Day High (Do or Die + Kanye West vs. Tortoise)

16 Eatchyo Stigmata (Yea Big + Kid Static vs. Ministry)

17 Smash That There (Yung Berg vs. the Smashing Pumpkins)

18 Stages of Standby (Psalm One vs. Kleenex Girl Wonder)

19 Can You Eat Some More Heavy Fists of Love? (Kanye West + GLC vs. Bumps + Terminal 4 + Big Black)

20 I Used to Love the Blue Line (Common vs. Bang! Bang!)

21 I Gotcha Trees (Lupe Fiasco vs. May or May Not)

22 What Chu Like, Old Mare? (Da Brat vs. Sleep Out)

23 Kells-Tone for the Painfully in Love (R. Kelly vs. Casiotone for the Painfully Alone)[/quote']

The song in question starts around 12:18. I think if they'd just done Kanye vs Wilco it would have maybe been OK, the first Kanye line over the strings from "Jesus Etc" sounds good-to-great, but the Super Bowl Shuffle parts ruin any chance this smashup had.

Not a big fan of these guys' mix either. A lot of these bass lines sound like really crappy 90s midi. It's ok to sample songs that sound like ass, but in places these guys sample the worst part of a bad song.

I think if they'd just done Kanye vs Wilco it would have maybe been OK, the first Kanye line over the strings from "Jesus Etc" sounds good-to-great, but the Super Bowl Shuffle parts ruin any chance this smashup had.

That's almost exactly what I just thought without even hearing the song. I often like what Kanye does with sampling, so I might've been okay with him vs. Wilco, but the Super Bowl Shuffle? Yikes...

DJs STV SLV and ABX (aka Steve Reidell and Aaron Brink) ...

ok, DJs STV SLV and ABX are actually Steve Reidell and Aaron Brink

is STV Steve, and SLV and ABX are Aaron?

or is STV SLV Steve, and ABX is Aaron?

there are three sets of initials but only two DJs

seriously, who sits down and thinks to himself, "Let's call ourselves STV SLV and ABX? That'll be cool"

WTF

i am guessing the hold internet would expect listeners to not take the song entirely serious. superbowl shuffle? i thought that was hilariously great.

yeah, these guys are comedic geniuses.