YHF remastered out on June 23 ...!

Wuh? You would think Wilco would release a statement about a repressing of this incredibly popular album. It's now available on their site but they say nothing about the date. I guess we should just be happy we can buy it again.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received the copy I ordered from SilverDisc in the mail today, but they shipped me the first pressing. Should I just keep this or try and have them exchange it?

keep it. it sounds good. who knows what the new one will sound like.

I received the copy I ordered from SilverDisc in the mail today, but they shipped me the first pressing. Should I just keep this or try and have them exchange it?

i'd keep it, the first pressings are far more valuable than 2nds, 3rds, etc. or if you want, i'll order the new one and we can trade. :)

I found one at a local store, it sounds great, but how did I get it before the 29th? It's not the sundazed version either, it was the vinyl/CD. What were the subtle differences between the CD and vinyl versions, I tried searching, but found nothing.

Thanks,

Joe

I found one at a local store, it sounds great, but how did I get it before the 29th? It's not the sundazed version either, it was the vinyl/CD. What were the subtle differences between the CD and vinyl versions, I tried searching, but found nothing.

Thanks,

Joe

you wouldn't happen to have a sundazed vinyl to compare it to would you?

sometimes stores get their shipments in early and they're supposed to hold them 'till release day but that doesn't always happen.

this is from the wilco store:

"An audiophile 180-gram vinyl double LP, gate-fold version of Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. Second edition pressing by RTI. DMM from analog master at Abbey Road Studios. As a bonus, each vinyl copy will also include a copy of the album on CD."

I need to pick up a copy of this. I'm still at least a few years away from buying a house and finally being able to put together a good sound system, but I want to have it for when I do. I was in a store that has a pretty good selection of vinyl yesterday, but they didn't have it. I'll have to keep looking.

ok, which one of you outbid me on ebay at the very last second for a mint condition first pressing of Yankee Hotel Foxtrot? :angry guess i'll be ordering a copy of the 2nd edition from Amazon now. hmmph.

• 3 weeks later...

has anyone else gotten theirs yet? mine just arrived today. opened up the cd [enhanced] popped it into my ibook and nothing. a black screen of nothingness. popped the cd [enhanced] into my MacBookPro and a splotchy start of the album streaming I am assuming and then nothing. I searched the board in case others had this problem already and couldn't find anything. I did find some help with the Sky Blue Sky enhanced cd. I adjusted my quicktime settings and still nothing. anyone? am rather curious about the enhanced portion of the bonus disk. (although still very happy to finally own Yankee Hotel Foxtrot on vinyl)