YHF remastered out on June 23 ...!

Just read this on http://www.albumvote.co.uk/news/article.aspx?headline=324

Warner Brothers are to release a re-mastered version of Metallica's classic 1985 album 'Master of Puppets'. Hitting the shops on June 30, the packages will contain a standard LP release and a double deluxe edition. Another album getting a quick makeover is Wilco's 'Yankee Hotel Foxtrot' which will be out with the extra trimmings on June 23.

Pretty good Metallica news I must say :lol

Samuel

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morrissey:

Re-issue ! Re-package ! Re-package !

Re-evaluate the songs

Double-pack with a photograph

Extra Track (and a tacky badge)

Why meddle with perfection? If there are extra tracks from the sessions, give them away or stick them on iTunes...

Alex

Why meddle with perfection? If there are extra tracks from the sessions, give them away or stick them on iTunes...

Alex

Yeah, I know.

Hope they just concentrate on the sound remastering (who cares about the package and we all have the studio leftovers).

I'm just curious to compare with the original version tough.

So this is a European only release.

I'm not sure about that. Amazon is listing it as available on June 24, and available for "Prime" shipping, which Euro-only releases usually aren't (I think).

I actually don't own YHF on media--I downloaded it from iTunes back when I was stupid. I might buy this one, depending on what the extra trimmings are.

Guest Cousin Tupelo
I find the usage of the words "quick makeover" suspect.

Just replace "makeover" with "bucks" and it becomes much clearer.

Don

Apparently it's 2 LP's with an enhanced CD. This comes out in less than 3 weeks. You would think there would already be more details about this. Also, why are they releasing this now? I'm not ordering until I hear more.

No, you're thinking of Australia.

No, in Australia they spin the cds counter-clockwise.

Anyway, this sounds a little gimmicky to me. Is it the out takes that most of us already have or just someone messing with the masters? Is it even legitimate in terms of being band sanctioned?

ed. Oh, "Enhanced." That must mean nothing.

Guest Cousin Tupelo
No, in Australia they spin the cds counter-clockwise.

Anyway, this sounds a little gimmicky to me. Is it the out takes that most of us already have or just someone messing with the masters? Is it even legitimate in terms of being band sanctioned?

ed. Oh, "Enhanced." That must mean nothing.

Maybe it's the "Jay Bennett edition,"more noise, more of the time!

efolkmusic.com

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot (Enhanced)" (CD)

Featuring singer/guitarist Jeff Tweedy, this enhanced CD offers exclusive live footage and band photos, plus a trailer for the Wilco film, "I Am Trying To Break Your Heart" and more >>

buy.com

This is an Enhanced CD, which contains both regular audio tracks and multimedia computer files.
Guest Cousin Tupelo
So what are we really getting here?

I think analogman was right at the outset -- this isn't the version we're talking about. It's the one that was already released.

I think analogman was right at the outset -- this isn't the version we're talking about. It's the one that was already released.

Maybe it's the 2nd edition of what is already out there. since the original is no longer available for commercial purchase and there is still a demand for it, this is printing number two (similar to how there are 1st editions, 2nd editions and such with books).

hmmm...wonder if the extra will be from the Australian disc? i already own this twice (original and Australian edition)...

-justin

Are they the same?

Will you be purchasing the European version, too?

Middle Eastern?

Antilles?