YHF remastered out on June 23 ...!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cousin Tupelo
Are they the same?

Will you be purchasing the European version, too?

Middle Eastern?

Antilles?

I tried the Creole version. Blackened. Damn near ruined my stylus.

Maybe it's the 2nd edition of what is already out there. since the original is no longer available for commercial purchase and there is still a demand for it, this is printing number two (similar to how there are 1st editions, 2nd editions and such with books).

From looking around more this seems like the most likely scenario. The enhanced CD is still available for purchase but the LP is not. The only new releases scheduled for this year so far, according to Amazon, is for the LP version. So I guess it's just a repressing of the YHF vinyl.

Here's the search I did for Wilco by release date on Amazon.

Guest Cousin Tupelo
2008 revenue.

Essentially then the recording companies sell millions of people stupid about their music and keep reselling the same stuff to people serious about their music but stupid with their money.

:shifty

From looking around more this seems like the most likely scenario. The enhanced CD is still available for purchase but the LP is not. The only new releases scheduled for this year so far, according to Amazon, is for the LP version. So I guess it's just a repressing of the YHF vinyl.

Well nonetheless it seems YHF is reissued on vinyl. They need to reissue AM, Summerteeth, Being There on vinyl cause I dont wanna pay super high prices for those.

I still suspect something else new with YHF cd from the article at the beginning. Probably extra tracks. I dont see why they need to remaster it.

Oh man, please please please be surround sound. That would be a trip and a half.

A surround mix would mean a release on one of the high-rez digital formats, not redbook CD. (or vinyl)

Are not most of wilco's CD's "Enhanced"? The enhancement is the link to the bonus materials on the cd, not necessarily a remastering.

Maybe it's the "Jay Bennett edition,"more noise, more of the time!

from what I understand, the 'quick trimmings' are referring to the guy's decision to remove all of Bennett's contributions to the album and replace them with recently recorded overdubs by the current line-up.

Guest Cousin Tupelo
from what I understand, the 'quick trimmings' are referring to the guy's decision to remove all of Bennett's contributions to the album and replace them with recently recorded overdubs by the current line-up.

The new lineup putting their stamp on YHF's songs should be reserved for the live shows. YHF was released in 2001. Anything further in reinterpreting songs from that album, IMHO.

Are not most of wilco's CD's "Enhanced"? The enhancement is the link to the bonus materials on the cd, not necessarily a remastering.

yes