Cool household gadgets

As the title says I just bought a roomba and am quite impressed with this little gadget.

Anyone else have any cool little household items that they really like?

pIROBOT1-3306976dt.jpg

That thing looks like a Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face - sort of. I could have used one of those last night - cutting 2 inch sheets of foam insulation in your living room - not such a good idea.

This has really come in handy when we need to blend or mix small quantities. Plus, we make our own baby food and it has been great for pureeing everything. And you can get extra attachments for it, too.

416VZGB6X7L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I've always wondered if those things worked worth a damn. I almost bought one once, but I thought it was too good to be true. Does it do a good job?

I bought the 400 model (entry level/cheapest) and I'm pretty impressed with it actually. It seems to do a good jub and picks up a lot of dirt. It does like two rooms at a time, I got the one without the virtual wall so I physically have to block off the rooms.

It does require some maintenance every 3 or 4 uses, blow out filter, remove crap from brushes, etc.

As a guy who hates the Vaccum cleaner, I like it.

This is akin to an 18th century gadget, but we're currently in love with our Whirly Pop stovetop popcorn cooker. It's wonderful to have all natural popcorn.

4153Z0G472L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Ahhhh...now that is sexy.

Does anyone that has a roomba also have a dog? Curious on that part, both for the dog's reaction as well as the efficacy of cleaning up the hair that used to be attached to the dog.

I love my bug wand. :)

I don't think I could bludgeon a man to death with it, but it works on icky bugs!

bug-vac-322203.jpg

I need one of those! I hate hate hate bugs, but killing them is even worse because I have to get near them!

Does anyone that has a roomba also have a dog? Curious on that part, both for the dog's reaction as well as the efficacy of cleaning up the hair that used to be attached to the dog.

I've got a Roomba, two dogs and a cat. Hours and hours of fun! :thumbup The animals basically avoid it at all costs, which surprises me since my Basset has been known to wage war on weed eaters while they're in operation. As for the hair, it does a pretty good job as long as we run it every few days, minimum, which is so easy to do. It does a lot better on our hardwood and ceramic tile floors than it does on the berber carpet.

I've got a Roomba, two dogs and a cat. Hours and hours of fun! :thumbup The animals basically avoid it at all costs, which surprises me since my Basset has been known to wage war on weed eaters while they're in operation. As for the hair, it does a pretty good job as long as we run it every few days, minimum, which is so easy to do. It does a lot better on our hardwood and ceramic tile floors than it does on the berber carpet.

We have only HW floors and ceramic tile. Prince the prince of all dogs is sure to be skeert of it, and is likely to stand on a chair like an elephant with a mouse.

We have only HW floors and ceramic tile. Prince the prince of all dogs is sure to be skeert of it, and is likely to stand on a chair like an elephant with a mouse.

Pics?

I'm truly amazed that my idiot dogs have left it alone. The Roomba has been ridden by an onery 2-year-old, though.

something about this thread strikes me as, I don't know, unhetero-like.

What could be more hetero than a lazy dude who hates to clean looking for a machine to do it for him?

I mean I'm pretty much impervious to dust but I do have my limits. I'd hate to cause a cholera breakout or something.