Knocked Out Loaded

Down in the Groove

Under the Red Sky

Before the Flood

Bob Dylan at Budokan

Real Live

Dylan & The Dead

MTV Unplugged

Me too. There's a dozen or so I need to get - same with Zappa.

I know Real Live gets no love but I always enjoyed that record.

Oh no, I don't need any reminder

To know how much I really care

But it's just making me blinder and blinder

Because I'm up on a hill and still you're not there

The early Beatles were simple pop gems (great tunes) and the Beach Boys...well that is all about the tune and the sound, the words rarely hold up to any scrutiny. The above verse from Hazel makes almost no sense......no it makes NO sense; particularly the last two lines. Walken isn't any masterpiece either..(sorry Jeff...)

LouieB

Maybe he's going blind from staring off into the distance trying to see something or someone that isn't there.

Huh? I figured your Dylan obsession was over by now...

LouieB

Nah, I was listening to Planet Waves again today and thought about what you said when I heard Hazel. It's reaching a bit but it could make sense. I thought about buying some Handsome family today but instead I purchased a legal copy of the Basement Tapes. Still riding the wave. :thumbup

Jeez man..what time is it where you are? Don't take me so seriously......the Handsome Family thread was more for my benefit than yours since I got on a jag of playing them the other day. But don't miss checking them out none the less. Not unless you really don't like sort of weird and slightly disturbing country/folk/roots type stuff...then go for it.

LouieB

Nah, I was listening to Planet Waves again today and thought about what you said when I heard Hazel. It's reaching a bit but it could make sense. I thought about buying some Handsome family today but instead I purchased a legal copy of the Basement Tapes. Still riding the wave. :thumbup

I hope you mean the commercial release - there is no reason to pay money for so-called bootlegs these days. You can find all that sort of thing online.

I hope you mean the commercial release - there is no reason to pay money for so-called bootlegs these days. You can find all that sort of thing online.

Yes, I meant commercial release. I borrowed it from a friend of mine and imported it but I liked it so much I had to own a hard copy. I have looked a little on line for the 5 cd boot and have only found pay sites. Any recomendations?