My razor has a motorola blue screen of death and is officially DOA. So it's time to pony

up and get something with more bells and whistles. To that end do I get a blackberry or an iPhone.

I rely pretty heavily on email, though I don't really get what the whole push email thing

is about. I would like to be able to use the browser regularly, especially for weekends

away from home.

The first thing I would ask is do you already use AT&T? If not, are you willing to pay cancellation fees for your current provider to switch? The iPhone is only on AT&T (assuming you're in the U.S.). If you use Outlook, the original iPhone likely won't work very well for you. It doesn't for me and most corporate email. Of course, if you don't use push email, this may not be an issue for you. (BTW, push email means your email comes in to your phone as it is sent/received; your phone doesn't have to go retrieve it on request or schedule.) The new 3G iPhone is supposed to deal with all of this however, but I'm told at a pretty significant cost to battery life. The browser on the iPhone is the best I've seen, so if that matters to you most, the iPhone is probably the best bet. I personally never could get used to the iPhone keyboard and prefer a tactile keyboard as found on the Blackberry. Finally, I'd look at plans. I have Sprint and they have great pricing on data plans. The new AT&T iPhone plan adds up if you use data lot.

I was thinking about getting an iPhone until I learned AT&T's G3 technology has not yet reached my region. (AT&T coverage chart) Apparently AT&T was saying it would be here in NE Indiana in Feb 2007. Yes, 2007. So obviously not moving too fast on this.

They both are cool though, and my Verizon 2-year commitment is up in 2 weeks, so it's been on my mind, too.

I have a Blackberry now since that's the only email service that corporate will allow corporate emails on. Several of my family members have iPhones and I wish I did, mainly for the browser. Browsing Web sites on (this) Blackberry sucks.

when it comes time to upgrade I will stick with blackberry because i can tether it to my laptop and use it is a wireless card when i'm not near a wireless network. I hear all the kids are doing it. You cannot yet do that with the iPhone.

Heh. I haven't even moved on to the wild world of text/picture messaging. :lol I pay enough just to keep the freaking phone running each month, I can't bring myself to purchase a data plan.

Which makes me a bit of an oddball, I suppose, being a software developer and working in a place where everybody I know is a gadget-head. I dunno, the more I work with technology from a professional standpoint, the more of a Luddite I become in my real life. Its amazing the shit people will pay for.

(that said, I probably wouldn't turn down an iPhone if one were to offer me one for free) :ninja

I'll be getting an iPhone when I get paid on Friday.

I've had the same crappy Nokia for over 2 years, so I figured I'd treat myself with an upgrade.

I just stopped in at an AT&T store and they said that availability will be extremely limited for the next couple of weeks. Good luck and Godspeed. I'll probably wait a week or two and limp along on my work phone.

I just stopped in at an AT&T store and they said that availability will be extremely limited for the next couple of weeks. Good luck and Godspeed. I'll probably wait a week or two and limp along on my work phone.

Well, my sister works at an Apple store, and she said there shouldn't be a problem getting one there, but who knows?

1809976444_c23efaf0e2.jpg

What's that thing do, and would it self destruct if I plugged it into my macbook? I played with the blackberry for an hour in the

verizon store, and wasn't overly impressed with the browser. Granted I was on the pearl which I'd last all on two days with before

it went out the window. I don't know how to type like that. My buddy uses one and loves it :shrug . To get out of my Vz contract would

cost me $100 so while I'd rather keep my $100 I'd just assume land the right phone, on the right network with the right plan.

I'm updating my old dino-iPhone to 2.0 and very excited. I kinda want a new one, but my monthly bill would be more and I don't know if it's worth it. Most of my hardcore browsing is done on WiFi anyway. Pulling up bus trackers, maps, etc doesn't take that long. At work I use Wi-Fi and watch Perfect Strangers episodes on YouTube.

I really really love my iPhone. Not having to mess with a phone and iPod seperately is so nice. I also like the integrated earphones/phone using phones.

What's that thing do, and would it self destruct if I plugged it into my macbook? I played with the blackberry for an hour in the

verizon store, and wasn't overly impressed with the browser. Granted I was on the pearl which I'd last all on two days with before

it went out the window. I don't know how to type like that. My buddy uses one and loves it :shrug . To get out of my Vz contract would

cost me $100 so while I'd rather keep my $100 I'd just assume land the right phone, on the right network with the right plan.

Well if you;re on a Mac and browsing is important to you, the iPhone seems a no brainer. Compatibility with Outlook is really the biggest reason (other than plan) that I'd go with anything else.

Here is a good review of the new iPhone. It sounds to me like the iPhone is (still) the phone to beat for personal use... and even better than before, although the new pricing isn't to my liking. But, as a business user, the Exchange isn't quite up to snuff and the lack of editable Word, Excel and PowerPoiint mean I'd still have to bring my laptop on short trips, something I haven't done in years since I had my Treo 650. So it really comes down (still) to the type of user you are.

got to the AT&T store at 6:15 and was about 10th inline. Early bird spent the night. At 9:15 I walked out with one of the last 16gb. All in all pretty painless. Posting with it now. Anyone know if this willsynch with entourage?