For Sale Next: Baseball and Apple Pie

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080714/ap_on_...ser_busch_inbev

Now, I don't imbibe this stuff, but I know many who do. Symptomatic of America being for sale - truly sad.

::sends out bat-signal for Lou Dobbs::

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I dislike their beers this is sad. This is a symbolic American Company steeped in great American Traditions. One benefit is the beer may taste better if they use Belgian Brewing Laws! :monkey

PS The Chrysler Building in Manhattan was sold to Abu Dabi recently....

With the inevitable restructuring of the company that will occur I'm sure there will be many who lose their job. Saint Looie, you deserve better. :ohwell

So when is Coca-Cola going to be sold off?

There are some products that so identifiable as American products, they always seemed to be immune from being sold off to other countries and Bud was definately one of them. Oh well.

I don't drink any A-B beers, but living in the St. Louis area, this hits hard. I'm anxious about what the restructuring is going to do to the local residents and economy.

The scariest part: A-B gave $13 million in charitable donations in the St. Louis area in 2006. Amount of charitable donations made by InBev anywhere? Not a coddamn dime. I'm watching the local news right now and the head of InBev is claiming that they will continue A-B's charitable ways. I'll believe it when I see it.

as long as guinness stays irish, all is well with my beer universe.

I learned last night that Bass is owned by InBev. No more black and tans for me.