For Sale Next: Baseball and Apple Pie

When Boulevard Brewing was beginning to impact the beer market in Missouri, Busch and A-B distributing took a pretty hard line in denying distribution rights around St. Louis.

Distribution (meaning which beers get on the trucks and into consumer's hands) has been Mafioso like in the past. I have a bad taste in my mouth (literally and figuratively :lol) about Busch.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind a nice domestic beer, i.e. Michelob Light, etc.

The phrases "nice domestic beer" and "Michelob Light" don't really belong in the same sentence.

You beer elitists can kiss my entire ass.

"bottom fermented"

I don't mind a nice domestic beer, i.e. Michelob Light, etc.

You beer elitists can kiss my entire ass.

Michelob light? This is a joke, right? Perhaps try New Belgium's 'Blue Paddle' if you are looking for a domestic (gold) beer.

Michelob light? This is a joke, right? Perhaps try New Belgium's 'Blue Paddle' if you are looking for a domestic (gold) beer.

So you can judge (the sense of) taste objectively? This is a joke right? I like what I like.

So you can judge (the sense of) taste objectively? This is a joke right? I like what I like.

Just a recommendation. Blue Paddle is made with better ingredients. I believe you will appreciate it. Don't be afraid, try it.

I don't mind slumming it from time to time. Last weekend I found myself beerless and made my way to the local convenience store/bait shop/bar/pizza place (yeah, you read that right, and yes, that place is awesome) that is within walking distance of my house, and with the few dollars in my pocket I opted for the new Bud Light with Lime--which I bought, laughing to myself and totally expecting it to taste like absolute piss. And the thing is, if you go in with low expectations, sometimes you'll find that it ain't that bad. :lol

Ah, Bud Light. The Aquafina of beers. On a hot summer day it goes down like water, and sometimes that is ok.

I didn't see it, but I heard Steven was drinking that Bud Light with lime stuff on The Report last night.

loverboy1a.jpg

"Lervenbroy"

i hate to say it, i really have become a beer elitist. i can still imbibe a cold bud/miller should the setting dictate so, but i really can't stand it. granted, an ice cold old style at wrigley always seems to taste better than any microbrew.

I hope my year pass to Busch Gardens is still good. You can pet and feed Clydesdales there. Also, you can get trashed and go on roller coasters. Two free beers per person per day (can you say fake moustache)

loverboy1a.jpg

i hate to say it, i really have become a beer elitist. i can still imbibe a cold bud/miller should the setting dictate so, but i really can't stand it. granted, an ice cold old style at wrigley always seems to taste better than any microbrew.

I may be under the spell of a marketer, but it seems like the retro swill beers are better than the kings of beer.

PBR, Old Style, Hamm's, Stag, etc. However, the idea that is good is nostalgic as most are made in the same brewery w/ the same shitty ingredients.

One thing I will say is Milwaukee's Best is the nastiest shit ever made. There is no excuse to drink that crap.

One thing I will say is Milwaukee's Best is the nastiest shit ever made. There is no excuse to drink that crap.

Like many college students, this was pretty much a staple during those years. It cost about $4-5/12-pack, IIRC, in the mid-late 80s. Not only was it putrid tasting, but it was impossible to get cold. It seemingly always tasted warm and flat.

Like many college students, this was pretty much a staple during those years. It cost about $4-5/12-pack, IIRC, in the mid-late 80s. Not only was it putrid tasting, but it was impossible to get cold. It seemingly always tasted warm and flat.

I'll never forget how my Grandfather from Ohio would always bring out 2 cases of Old Milwaukee when he came out to Chicago. Like you couldn't buy that shit in Chicago or something.

I'll never forget how my Grandfather from Ohio would always bring out 2 cases of Old Milwaukee when he came out to Chicago. Like you couldn't buy that shit in Chicago or something.

Two different cans, prolly same shit, though. Why would you sell Milwaukee's Best and Old Milwaukee? You think there is a difference? I doubt it. Once again, the image. I would agree w/ your gramps. The Old Milwaukee can has retro cool appeal. The beast is not only shitty beer, but the can is ugly too.