MLB 2008 Part 3, Take 2

Red Sox called up another knuckeballer to take Wake's spot tomorrow:

Zink will start Tuesday

Posted by Amalie Benjamin, Globe Staff August 11, 2008 04:57 PM We've just been informed that knuckleballer Charlie Zink will start tomorrow night against the Rangers in place of the injured Tim Wakefield. The 28-year-old Zink is 13-4 with a 2.89 ERA in 25 games with Pawtucket this season.

Charlie Zink - helluva baseball name

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this should be very interesting! :) i wonder how cash will do with him.

Nice blurb regarding Zink's reaction to the call-up:

"This is everything I have ever dreamed of," said Zink moments ago. "It has come true now and I'm going to the major leagues. It's ridiculous. I'm at a loss for words. I really don't know what to say about it. I'll be smiling forever now. This is just awesome. Awesome."

http://www.beloblog.com/ProJo_Blogs/SoxBlog/

this is only an estimate, but the rays have won about 67 straight. i lost count, so can't be sure.

They just lost Crawford and Longoria to injuries though, so things could be rough for them down the stretch.

Longoria is a huge loss, but he should be back in a couple weeks. Hopefully they can handle the Angels next week without him. (hopefully)

BOSTON (AP) -- The Boston Red Sox have acquired pitcher Paul Byrd in a trade with Cleveland.

The Red Sox will send either a player to be named or cash to the Indians.

The 37-year-old Byrd is 7-10 with a 4.53 ERA this season. But the right-hander has won all four of his starts since the All-Star break.

BOSTON (AP) -- The Boston Red Sox have acquired pitcher Paul Byrd in a trade with Cleveland.

The Red Sox will send either a player to be named or cash to the Indians.

The 37-year-old Byrd is 7-10 with a 4.53 ERA this season. But the right-hander has won all four of his starts since the All-Star break.

I like his delivery.

zink is pitching tonight. i can't wait. the knuckleball is mysterious and exciting. wake's may be the only one i've ever seen.

it was good enough that zink had a fine first inning, and now this!

12-10 now. not the walk in the park it started out to be. what else is new? my mother did tell me to

expect this sort of thing in life. . . .