Wilco loft discovered?

Maybe there should be something about this subject in the announcements section or some other appropriate place so that we can avoid this coming up on a regular basis -- just a friendly reminder that discussions of the address of the loft, personal residences, telephone numbers, etc. should be avoided (if this is already up somewhere -- I apologize in advance). I know lots of folks (many of them new to the board) who bring these subjects up mean no harm and have no intent of stalking, etc., but, as we've all discussed many time, we should be considerate to both the privacy and safety of the guys. While it may seem harmless enough for a well-meaning fan to track down the loft just to see it, these things can get out of hand, and the next thing we know, folks are posting about where kids of the band members go to school, where band members can be spotted a part of their daily routines, and other crazy stuff. I'm sure it seemed harmless enough at first to have fans hanging out around the Dakota to meet John Lennon, but . . . I know that sounds a little overly-dramatic, but one of the great things about this board has always been how respectful most people around here are about the band and how seldom things cross that line into, well, creepiness and stalker-like behavior. Anyway, I was just thinking that there must be a way to avoid having this same discussion every few months and thus avoiding people getting upset, posters having to defend their intentions, etc.

Maybe there should be something about this subject in the announcements section or some other appropriate place so that we can avoid this coming up on a regular basis -- just a friendly reminder that discussions of the address of the loft, personal residences, telephone numbers, etc. should be avoided (if this is already up somewhere -- I apologize in advance). I know lots of folks (many of them new to the board) who bring these subjects up mean no harm and have no intent of stalking, etc., but, as we've all discussed many time, we should be considerate to both the privacy and safety of the guys. While it may seem harmless enough for a well-meaning fan to track down the loft just to see it, these things can get out of hand, and the next thing we know, folks are posting about where kids of the band members go to school, where band members can be spotted a part of their daily routines, and other crazy stuff. I'm sure it seemed harmless enough at first to have fans hanging out around the Dakota to meet John Lennon, but . . . I know that sounds a little overly-dramatic, but one of the great things about this board has always been how respectful most people around here are about the band and how seldom things cross that line into, well, creepiness and stalker-like behavior. Anyway, I was just thinking that there must be a way to avoid having this same discussion every few months and thus avoiding people getting upset, posters having to defend their intentions, etc.

Yeah, all that...

Plus the fact that the loft houses millions of dollars worth of equipment that thieves would love to get their hands on.