Byrne & Eno Album

Keep in mind that Eno is not part of the tour ...
Oh okay...really?? So then what is the big deal?? I totally missed that (been too busy to spend tons of time reading websites...). so what exactly is this tour? It sure looked like a tour they were doing. If this is just a regular old David Byrne tour it really isn't THAT special. I mean I realize he doesn't tour all that often, but he does tour some.

edit- I read the material on the website and damned if it doesn't LOOK like Eno is touring; Byrne says he is playing music from their collaborations. Looks like a touch of bait and switch to me, since I am guessing Byrne often plays material he and Eno did in the past (how could he not???)

LouieB

Oh okay...really?? So then what is the big deal?? I totally missed that (been too busy to spend tons of time reading websites...). so what exactly is this tour? It sure looked like a tour they were doing. If this is just a regular old David Byrne tour it really isn't THAT special. I mean I realize he doesn't tour all that often, but he does tour some.

edit- I read the material on the website and damned if it doesn't LOOK like Eno is touring; Byrne says he is playing music from their collaborations. Looks like a touch of bait and switch to me, since I am guessing Byrne often plays material he and Eno did in the past (how could he not???)

I'm assuming it will include stuff from My Life in the Bush of Ghosts which I don't think he ever really plays live.

this is a typical setlist from the 2004 tour, i happened to see this one.

Road To Nowhere, The Great Intoxication, Finite = Alright, The Other Side Of This Life, I Zimbra, And She Was, Once In A Lifetime, Un Di Felice Eterea, Ausencia, Tiny Apocalypse, Psycho Killer, U.B. Jesus, Like Humans Do, Dialog Box, What A Day That Was, Blind, Desconocido Soy, Life During Wartime

I think he is going to be playing material which was produced with brian eno (3 heads albums, my life in the bush of ghosts, and the new one).

I won't buy it as quickly as I bought Outside when Bowie reunited w/ Eno. That one pretty much blew. Byrne recently made music w/ a skyscraper. I don't know and don't care about the details of that, but it sounds like jumping the shark to me.