86 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you identify yourself as?

• Atheist
    • Agnostic
    • Other

you do get how both of those are intertwined, yes? you ask for someone to share responsibility w/ their church, but then act shocked when they feel personally slighted for your attacks on their denominational faith. which is it?

i don't know what you say is vile, but you really can be a passive/agressive dick over this stuff.

Yeah, but I just made that claim, the,

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but I just made that claim, the, “it could be argued…” so, up until that point, Bob was accusing me of something I hadn’t said.

And so but hey, I thought I was an aggressive/aggressive dick, El Dick?

I’m not going to make the argument that individual Catholics are responsible for the behavior of the church, but I will say that much of the more evil and sinister shit associated with the Catholic Church did not occur in a vacuum.

And that’s all I’m going to say.

Are you referring to the crusades, or something? Because it seems like for the last 50 years or so, the Catholic church hasn't been all that actively evil, personal vendettas aside.

Are you referring to the crusades, or something? Because it seems like for the last 50 years or so, the Catholic church hasn't been all that actively evil, personal vendettas aside.

I

Dear I am Jack's war on war,

Why are you such a fucking bully? Maybe some background would help us understand why you take such delight in offending people.

Just Wondering,

The Carlos

Dear I am Jack's war on war,

Why are you such a fucking bully? Maybe some background would help us understand why you take such delight in offending people.

Just Wondering,

The Carlos

What is so offensive about talking about religion, openly, honestly, critically - in a thread in which religion is the topic, among adults who have chosen to keep the discussion going? There are plenty of bullies on this board, I'm not one of them - I don't see you say a thing when the usual suspecs take it upon themselves to pig pile on anyone who makes what they feel is a foolish remark. You're quiet when your buddies do it, but vocal against other individuals - why is that?

What is so offensive about talking about religion, openly, honestly, critically - in a thread in which religion is the topic, among adults who have chosen to keep the discussion going? There are plenty of bullies on this board, I'm not one of them - I don't see you say a thing when the usual suspecs take it upon themselves to pig pile on anyone who makes what they feel is a foolish remark. You're quiet when your buddies do it, but vocal against other individuals - why is that?

you are full of shit. this has nothing to do with "my buddies" or anything like that. you are a fucking troll who for some reason is allowed to continue his shit. I wish they would just ban your ass. it's not discourse if you are insulting people.

you are full of shit. this has nothing to do with "my buddies" or anything like that. you are a fucking troll who for some reason is allowed to continue his shit. I wish they would just ban your ass. it's not discourse if you are insulting people.

What have I said that is so insulting/offensive? At least I try to explain my case and respond intelligently, unlike the snipers who just sit in their little towers, sniping what anyone else has to say, while never adding anything constructive.

Why not just put me on ignore, and I

that's the problem. everything is absolutes and extremes with you. you don't choose to insult the leaders of a church, you insult ALL members of a church. you don't insult some members of a party, you insult ALL members of a party. you are the worst person on this board. insult, get called on it, play the victim.

that's the problem. everything is absolutes and extremes with you. you don't choose to insult the leaders of a church, you insult ALL members of a church. you don't insult some members of a party, you insult ALL members of a party. you are the worst person on this board. insult, get called on it, play the victim.

Can you present some examples?

What have I said that is so insulting/offensive? At least I try to explain my case and respond intelligently, unlike the snipers who just sit in their little towers, sniping what anyone else has to say, while never adding anything constructive.

Why not just put me on ignore, and I

you always imply that I don't add anything productive.

My bad.

That's not true at all, and I apologize if I've ever suggested as much or left that impression - I value your opinion quite highly actually.

He is, and he is probably one of the most, and I hate to even use this term, fair and balanced persons on this board.

I'm fair too. I know that there are some bullies on the board and I find it to be a bit on the 'horseshit' side at times. That said, with you, it's the absolutes that people tend to call out here.

Myself? I've had issues with maybe 10 people on this board in the years I've been on here. All have been related to me calling bullshit on them speaking their opinion as if fact. Condescending behavior is not something that is taken well to here, or anywhere.

You're a smart guy, I'm sure. Saying Mother Theresa disgusts you is insightful. You know it is. Your opinion on it, right or wrong, is going to insight people. This is merely one example.

I like discourse on here. It's the insistence on everyone trying to make their point and sway people that becomes a bit much. Let's just call 'peace' on this one.

Yeah, they give a lot of frauds the Nobel Peace Prize.

Kissinger_Henry.jpg

al-gore.jpg

story.jpg

Yasser_051024022914127_wideweb__300x375.jpg

Hey, I will stick up for Jimmy Carter. Carter's role in bringing about the Egypt-Israeli peace accord is precisely the sort of thing they made the Nobel Peace Prize for.

I don't really see this thread going anywhere that hasn't already been touched on (I think we even got a Hitler mention in there?). As this thread's mother, am I allowed to request that we call peace and close up, dear moderators? That's not something I can do myself, is it...didn't see any options for such a thing? Religion is a powerful thing, can be just as divisive as it can be unitive. Reading through this thread this evening made me feel a bit like a kid listening in as his soon-to-be-divorced parents berate one another in the next room, and I just want to say "I appreciate you both, Mom and Dad!" :cheers