86 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you identify yourself as?

• Atheist
    • Agnostic
    • Other

Yeah, they give a lot of frauds the Nobel Peace Prize.

I just don't understand why you even care? What's she getting a free pass to anyways? If it's becoming a saint, why do you care, you don't believe in Catholicism or saints, so what's the big deal?

She did a lot of good for a lot of people. She helped people die with dignity who otherwise would have been literally left to die in the gutter. Whether or not she hurt the cause to "empower women" is besides the point. It was a slum of the highest degree and no matter how many women were empowered, it wouldn't have made one bit of difference given the place they were in. It's not like she was in in the US dealing with the poor, she was in the slums of Calcutta.

Actually, as Hitchens has pointed out, Calcutta is not just a slum

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"truth" is often a subjective creation.

i prefer dishonest pleasantry.

Oh, shit. Don't mention subjective and truth. This is so gray I can't even argue it. Perhaps that is your point. Good point.

What's up with the Dave Kingman avatar?

isn't hitchens pretty pro-bush relative to foreign policy, more specifically in iraq? not that i give two shits about this guy's views on MY faith...but supporting the debacle that is iraq is enough for me to give him a big gold star sticker w/ 'douchebag' on it to put on his fridge.

jnick, i'm pretty surprised you could still dig him knowing that and how you seem to be big on absolutes.

isn't hitchens pretty pro-bush relative to foreign policy, more specifically in iraq? not that i give two shits about this guy's views on MY faith...but supporting the debacle that is iraq is enough for me to give him a big gold star sticker w/ 'douchebag' on it to put on his fridge.

jnick, i'm pretty surprised you could still dig him knowing that and how you seem to be big on absolutes.

Though I

And how much research or oversight has anyone done of Hitchens to find out whether he's full of heifer dust?

What empowerment is this clown talking about of poor women? Perhaps your benevolent solution would be to have them fixed? Compassion is nothing without an audit? Who are you to judge her compassion or works? Were you or this clown there? What have you done for them lately? Post a few more Internet blogs that prop up whatever slant you're shouldering upon anyone who gives you consideration?

They don't reproduce. Will that feed their village? Do you suggest genocide through abstenence? Maybe your answer is to have them fixed. There will certainly be fewer poor?

If this created one convent or one clinic and named it after her left tit, well done good and faithful servant.

Who the fuck is this "journalist" -- my daughter at 6 was published in a newspaper, she's a journalist too! -- to even consider?

Great point about the sainthood? What do you care, it's a worthless title to an athiest. Did she call herself a saint?

I try to exercise all the patience in the world but there's two fools at play here -- this vindictive Hitchens and anyone who reached into his pocket and put their money into his, rather than taking that money and buying a bag of rice to feed a village for a week.

Good question, go check the record, do some research into his writing - I

well, didn't he actually go through the vanity fair piece after he originally rejected the notion that waterboarding constituted torture. meaning, he went into to prove it didn't...after being challenged by vanity fair after he defended U.S. treatment of Muslim prisoners. that's a lot different than doing it to prove it is...i actually found it to be a cheap stunt on par w/ david blaine type stuff, but whatever.

as far as his statement on abu ghraib: straight from the horse's mouth

and here's his substantiations of the supposed UK intelligence that led us to decree the supposed WOMD's we used to excuse our invasion:

'Wowie Zahawie' by Christopher Hitchens and Clueless Joe Wilson by By Christopher Hitchens

sorry man, i can't take anybody like that too seriously on any level on any subject.

As I