From USA today a new interpretation of the Beatles

the beatles were all about love. bush/conservatives are mainly about hate and fear and war. the author should have searched long and hard to find a pro-war song in the beatles catalog. he'd still be searching.

Well said! Maybe the author should also watch the movie Across The Universe. Entirely Beatles music. Not in any way shape or form pro-war, or conservative!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said! Maybe the author should also watch the movie Across The Universe. Entirely Beatles music. Not in any way shape or form pro-war, or conservative!!

That movie also did one thing no beatles song or movie ever did:

Sucked.

Really fucking hard.

That was a terrible movie.

Like.

Holy shit.

That movie was just awful.

bush/conservatives are mainly about hate and fear and war.

Is that so? I'm glad you set me straight on what I'm about, though I'm not so sure I agree with your lumping of Bush and conservatives together.

the beatles were all about love. bush/conservatives are mainly about hate and fear and war. the author should have searched long and hard to find a pro-war song in the beatles catalog. he'd still be searching.

:ermm

Sanctimoniousness is an easy cloak to don.

The issue of Taxman can easily be claimed by conservatives as their issue a song written for them. But in reality the sentiments of Taxman are more populist in nature than they are conservative.

The British tax laws were pretty rough back then, and George had not yet gotten Krishna.

That movie also did one thing no beatles song or movie ever did:

Sucked.

Really fucking hard.

That was a terrible movie.

Like.

Holy shit.

That movie was just awful.

Well, it certainly lacked substance. You really go to watch what is going on the screen and hear the not legit Beatles tracks. And, worst comes to worst, it's someone's interpretation of the Beatles. John said that their music is what the people make of it, so you can't fault the director for that.

Apparently it's a hot movie with girls thanks to that lead guy.