Metallica's New Single

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he's not distinguishable. there's no difference between kirk and any other metal player. he may be a bit rawer. that's it. play some phil collin from def leppard and kirk from tallica and i bet we couldn't tell the difference.

I disagree so vehemently, it's kind of crazy. The way he forms and crafts his solos goes way beyond your standard metal player.

Plus, he played with My Morning Jacket at Bonnaroo.

Metallica Death Magnetic - CD vs. "Guitar Hero" comparison (Youtube link)

Engineer disowns Metallica's 'Death Magnetic'

nme.com

Metallica fans have been complaining about the quality of the CD recording of the band's new album, 'Death Magnetic', with many saying the version available on the 'Guitar Hero' computer game is better.

Fans have complained on internet forums that the dynamic range heard on the CD version is not as good as the 'Guitar Hero' version, reports Musicradar.com.

While many fans have blamed the mastering process used on the album, Ted Jensen of Sterling Sound, who mastered the album, has reportedly written a forum post about the process.

"I'm certainly sympathetic to your reaction, I get to slam my head against that brick wall every day," he wrote. "In this case the mixes were already brick-walled before they arrived at my place.

"Suffice to say I would never be pushed to overdrive things as far as they are here. Believe me, I'm not proud to be associated with this one, and we can only hope that some good will come from this in some form of backlash against volume above all else."

• 4 weeks later...
pic05537.jpg

Like I posted somewhere before...

No matter how much money you have and how much you ride the lightening, if you are married you will eventually be reduced to carrying her shopping bag.