Metallica's New Single

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I still think Lars is a huge douche bag I really like the new album. It has a familiar feel to it for long time metallica fans. Very familiar in fact. My daughter asked me on a couple of songs "Is this One? It sounds like it." In spite of that It has more muscle and cohesion than their last few dogs have had.

While I still think Lars is a huge douche bag I really like the new album. It has a familiar feel to it for long time metallica fans. Very familiar in fact. My daughter asked me on a couple of songs "Is this One? It sounds like it." In spite of that It has more muscle and cohesion than their last few dogs have had.

How do you feel about the sound?

I think Solace is pretty spot on with his take on it. It doesn't suck nearly as bad as most of the 90's dreck they put out and the lyrics are cringe inducing but all in all it's a pretty ok album. Rob's bass playing is a nice touch too.

How do you feel about the sound?

It's not bad. I've only listened to it once through, but for what it is I have no complaints.

I think Solace is pretty spot on with his take on it. It doesn't suck nearly as bad as most of the 90's dreck they put out and the lyrics are cringe inducing but all in all it's a pretty ok album. Rob's bass playing is a nice touch too.

Generally though aren't most metal lyrics cringe inducing?

Generally though aren't most metal lyrics cringe inducing?

True enough. I really noticed this the other day though when on a plane to Spain and I heard "what doesn't kill ya makes ya more strong". I was cringing even before I received my airline brand coffee.

"My lifestyle/determines my shoe style"

"Enter Sandalman"

Just goes to show...no matter how rich you are, no matter how heavy metal you are, now matter how much you ride the lightening, eventually you will end up carrying a shopping bag for your wife.

On another message board I am on, there is a lot talk about the mastering and loudness of the tracks.

I'll listen for this the second time through. Generally though isn't this a problem across the board these days not just metallica?

Just goes to show...no matter how rich you are, no matter how heavy metal you are, now matter how much you ride the lightening, eventually you will end up carrying a shopping bag for your wife.

True enough.

It does have a wall of sound feel to it, with everything up front. Even the subtle parts are right there in your face. I do find the inclusion of a ten minute instrumental to be a tad bit confusing. It really does not sound too much diferent than the other cuts. Seems like they could have stripped vocals off any track and had the same thing, or conversely added vocals to this track and had a song. I do like the instrumental trck, but it seems out of place to me. But I still like the overall album better then anything they have done in 15 years.

I'll listen for this the second time through. Generally though isn't this a problem across the board these days not just metallica?

True enough.

yeah, these guys really don't deserve the money they have made. they are just totally mediocre artists and just so happened to click in the 90s when angst was king. spoiled brats.

yeah, these guys really don't deserve the money they have made. they are just totally mediocre artists and just so happened to click in the 90s when angst was king. spoiled brats.

I'm not a huge Metallica fan, but these guys are about as far from this comment as they can be. They "clicked" in the 1980's with no airplay, not a lot of marketing support while playing a brand of music that was not in flavor. They built their fan base the old fashioned way, they toured and toured and toured while sales of their albums slowly grew and grew until the albums were selling millions. They definately did not exploit the "angst" atmosphere of the 1990's as you seem to think.