Who's got a Prius?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't an alternative case can be made that one would be more noble and responsible to not even enter a tax bracket where they could afford to do such things. Seems like the kind of thing rich people do to make themselves feel better about effing up the planet so much.

OK.

Isn't gary rich now?

You don't have to be rich to live in the North Country. The economy is totally different there.

:lol

I just came home to the new edition of Consumer Reports.

Cover story: "Save Energy, Save Money"

Subheading: "Hybrids Make More Sense Than Ever"

Inside:

Comparing Hybrids to similar All Gas Models (Total 5 Year costs rounded to the nearest $250)

Toyota Prius VS Toyota Corolla XLE

Price: $24,170 VS $19,330

MPG: 44 VS 32

5 Year Fuel Cost: $5,500 VS $7,500

5 Year Fuel Savings: $2000

Total 5 Year Owner Cost: $28,250 VS $30,250 *

Total 5 Year Cost Savings: $2000

Years Until Payback: 1

*"Fuel costs are only a relatively small part--25 percent--of the overall owner costs in the first 5 years. Other factors include depreciation, insurance, interest on financing, maintenance and repairs, and sales tax."

My numbers would actually be better because I'd get a CT sales tax exemption.

I can't believe this magazine came today of all days. :lol

OK.

Not sure what that means, but it's the way I've gone. On the sub 50k a year I support me and my son on I'm

not buying too many solar panels no matter how noble they may be. The upside to earning less is that we buy

less.

Isn't gary rich now?

the answer to that would be no.

You don't have to be rich to live in the North Country. The economy is totally different there.

factual. you should come up here some time, btw

How far away are you from Voorheesville?

Not sure what that means, but it's the way I've gone. On the sub 50k a year I support me and my son on I'm not buying too many solar panels no matter how noble they may be. The upside to earning less is that we buy less.

I live in a house with four wage-earning adults. We're buying solar panels for a number of reasons, "noble" being pretty far down on the list. Thanks for judging, though.

Couldn't an alternative case can be made that one would be more noble and responsible to not even enter a tax bracket where they could afford to do such things. Seems like the kind of thing rich people do to make themselves feel better about effing up the planet so much.

Sorry if I misunderstood. That just struck me as a little judge-y, for some reason.