Neil Young and Wilco

http://www.livedaily.com/news/14814.html

Hey Everyone,

Well I was waiting for Neil Young and Wilco to add a show in the Boston area. It's going to be at the DCU Center (formerly the Worcester Centrum) on Sat December 13.

Yuck :yucky Very shitty venue.

At least they'll be here. I think. It still says that Wilco are not playing the Dec. 9th show in Chicago. And playing everything else from Nov. 30th onwards.

In fact looking at the new tour schedule, it looks like the Worcester date is the only new Neil Young and Wilco show. Hmm. Hopefully more to come.

Thanks,

Kristofor

PS I realize I also posted this in the other Neil Young/Wilco thread but I don't know if people would look at that. Heck, I wouldn't have known either unless I checked out livedaily which I rarely do. This is new information from livedaily and it is not on

Wilco's official website but it is on Neil's.

So feel free to delete this once it is officially announced. Or just keep the other thread going.

Enjoy !!

Hey All,

Yeah, I was going to post that it was listed on Everest's myspace page. But since it is not on Wilcoworld, I am second guessing Livedaily's info.

I thought that maybe with Labor Day the page wasn't updated, but it says that the tour page was updated on Sept 2nd and has yet to show Worcester.

The official word I hope will come soon. Maybe even this week.

In weird and pessimistic news, I looked up Neil Young tour dates and came across a couple of online ticket agencies listing Neil Young and only him

for Worcester, MA. I don't know. Maybe Wilco is in the witness protection program for Worcester. I can't remember anything like this where we were so unsure about a little tour date.

Thanks,

Kristofor

PS Fingers are crossed !

Hey Everyone,

Well, on Wednesday September 10 it is Official. Wilco is in fact opening for Neil Young in Worcester, MA.

Presale is Tuesday September 23. Public onsale is Thursday September 25.

News courtesy of the Wilcoworld.net

Check it out !

http://wilcoworld.net/tours/index.php

Thanks,

Kristofor

This might actually be worth the ridiculous prices they'll inevitably charge. Glad it's official. As for it being a crappy venue....I've always thought the sound at the Centurm was pretty good for an arena. Relatively small at 15,000 seats. The sight lines are good too; with nice long rows. It's got a gradual rise so that even in the nosebleed seats you feel like you're part of the show. Haven't been there since the '97 and '98 winter Phish shows, and I'm psyched to be going back. Rather here than the sterile Garden with their fancy VIP boxes taking up all the space, and pushing the balcony seats into the stratosphere.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, the Worcester show is official. Music Today presale begins this Tuesday 9/23 and the public onsale is Thursday 9/25.

The last time I saw a concert in Worcester, it was....U2 in April, 1985. Holy crap! I can't believe it's been 23 years.

I am really looking forward to this.

Hey Everyone,

I just got 2 GA Floor tix.

Pretty expensive but I will shut my mouth since this is really a double bill in my mind.

I assume the $90 tickets are loge or balcony.

Than there were some for $230(?) that maybe were the first few rows of loge I hope.

The $50 tix actually comes with an AM/FM radio that you attach to your car and you can listen to the show in their garage.

Thanks,

Kristofor

Finally, the Worcester show is official. Music Today presale begins this Tuesday 9/23 and the public onsale is Thursday 9/25.

The last time I saw a concert in Worcester, it was....U2 in April, 1985. Holy crap! I can't believe it's been 23 years.

I am really looking forward to this.

I saw that u2 show as well..... Last show I saw in Worchester was the Amused to Death Roger Waters tour.......

I saw that u2 show as well..... Last show I saw in Worchester was the Amused to Death Roger Waters tour.......

I think they did two shows there back to back. I attended the "Ever Peaceful" show. If you attended this one, you'll remember the little boy sitting on his Dad's shoulders. Bono threw the mic out to Dad and then asked him the little boy's name. The man said "Ever Peaceful" which prompted Bono to bring them up on stage and give the little boy his hat. It was a cool moment and a great show!

I'm thrilled that Wilco was added to the bill here and I'd like to see Neil but I am not gonna spend $250+ per ticket to see anybody right now. As the show gets closer I'll see if I can snag a pair of the least pricey tickets just to get in the venue. I used to see shows at the "Centrum" all the time when I was younger and prices weren't crazy.

Jeff

For non-locals please take note it's spelled Worcester but pronounced like this : Wistah

I just found it funny that it was spelled wrong in THIS thread but I know, I know people do it ALL THE TIME...*sigh*

Nevertheless, Wuhstuh here I come! GA tix rock

WTG Wayne!!! :thumbup