Election Year!!!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a trip listening to Bush trumpet his only success in office. The troop surge was a "huge" success. Never mind the billions of tax payer dollars being spent to pay off the tribal leaders to keep the violence down. These tribal leaders probably won't go out and get armed to the teeth though. I feel sorry for whoever takes office after this joke.

Bush sounded desperate to have his name on a building other than some sewage plant in California last evening.

If the general public fully grasped what actually went into quelling the violence they would be shocked. Paying the Sunni's a monthly wage to not fight us, the Mahdi Army calling aceasefire on their own, the near compleation of the ethnic cleansing of bahgdad and the extra troops.

Tom Jones and Frank Sinatra in the same post - not bad.

:lol :lol :lol

the humor on this board is saving me.

that is exactly my point. you continue to help them make them legitimate issues by...well...making them legitimate issues! the only people talking about these issues as much, if not more than, the 'religious right'? the overly offended not-so-religious left. frankly, i don't give a shit about the absolutes either side demands in the face of losing my job, not being able to sell my house, entering thunderdome to be able to gas up my car, not being able to afford sending twin boys to college at the same time, worrying about another cold war, etc.

believe in god or don't believe in god and manage your life accordingly in a way that isn't intrusive and/or demaning to others. outside of that...i. don't. care. at all.

Great post. Thank you for this point.

I'm really trying to give Palin a fair shake, but so far I'm underwhelmed. Actually, I'm bored.

And she just lied about the bridge to nowhere. Again. Don't Republicans know about Google?

I just can't get over how so many of the speakers at this convention are talking about the problems of the last few years -- the housing market, gas prices, pointless war, unemployment, etc. -- as if they're completely unaware of their own responsibility in creating those problems.

I'm really trying to give Palin a fair shake, but so far I'm underwhelmed. Actually, I'm bored.

And she just lied about the bridge to nowhere. Again. Don't Republicans know about Google?

Yeah, that one could come back to haunt her.

I turned it on just in time to hear her talk about the need to challenge the status quo in Washington. Say wha?? Who's ticket does she think she's on?

Gotta give her credit, though, the pasty white guys seem enthused to see somebody with a pulse.

Did you really mean to talk about Bristol Palin in a post complaining about those who distract from real issues?

Yes. I think I do quite nicely with my balance of staying on/off the issue, but I had to go puke as a result of this one and lost focus.

I tried to watch/listen but I gave up after the first reference to "hockey mom".

:thumbup Hockey Mom's for Palin man

John McCain at the media event that was Bristol & Levi's arrival in Minnesota apologized to them for the media intrusion in their lives. Disingenuous douche bag. He and the mom ar bringing the intrusion almost gleefully.

That poor kid. He's probably thinking 'of all the girls i could have knocked up....'

yah, that was strange, to actually highlight her own lie -- and the pod people applaud her for it. they must know better, at least some of them. i'm sorry to see so many pod people there.

also, i hope she credits whoever wrote this speech. i think she's fairly good at performance, though, which i sort of expected from her background.