• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No the place to put it exactly - but this is for you:

Me likey...could you post a link...wonder if I can make that an avatar

I still don't think anyone was making fun.

A little hurricane humor I found on teh Interwebs:

--------------------

Top 10 Reasons Hurricane Season is Like Christmas.....

--------------------

Major vibes to those in Ike's path. 42.gif

Did you see that part?

I don't think Jack meant anything nasty with his.

Poon = Neil = whatdidisay. Sistersooie and Neil are friends.

I still don't think anyone was making fun.

Did you see that part?

I don't think Jack meant anything nasty with his.

Poon = Neil = whatdidisay. Sistersooie and Neil are friends.

'Major vibes' doesn't give a free pass

Really. Based on both of what I know about Cryptique (and how genuinely nice he is) and the contents of that specific post, I disagree.

Oh, you were talking about me.

People who know me know how genuinely concerned I've been for Galveston, Houston, and the whole Texas coast. If you can't make light of a bad situation (well before it even began, I might add), maybe you need to reexamine your own attitude. You don't know me at all, so you might want to think twice before you try to portray me as some kind of insensitive monster.

edit: I should also point out that the humorous piece I posted was something I copied from the website of a resident of the Houston area.

Oh, you were talking about me.

People who know me know how genuinely concerned I've been for Galveston, Houston, and the whole Texas coast. If you can't make light of a bad situation (well before it even began, I might add), maybe you need to reexamine your own attitude. You don't know me at all, so you might want to think twice before you try to portray me as some kind of insensitive monster.

edit: I should also point out that the humorous piece I posted was something I copied from the website of a resident of the Houston area.

Maybe I was a bit harsh, but as I sit here trying desperately to get in touch with my brother who was unable to leave due to his job, I find no real avenue to find a way to 'make light of a bad situation'/

Maybe I was a bit harsh, but as I sit here trying desperately to get in touch with my brother who was unable to leave due to his job, I find no real avenue to find a way to 'make light of a bad situation'/

I hope your brother's OK.

Also, I stand by my right to post a joke about hurricanes, which was originally posted by someone in the hurricane's path, prior to it making landfall.

I mean, really, where I live, hurricanes are a part of life. We make jokes about them because it's easier than getting freaked out 4+ times a summer. People have hurricane parties.

I fully understand what people are going through, but I don't think people can't be a little lighthearted about it.

was that shit that hit us saturday night considered a hurricane?

Have you ever looted after a hurricane b2?

I have not looted, though everyone I know has street signs that were knocked off from storms, and I've got a big stop sign in my garage. I also very nearly took a stop light that was knocked out, but that thing was surprisingly heavy.

Well, finish it!

I've got nothing...

But really, what needs to happen is that the rest of the south and eastern parts of this country need to wake up and adopt the building codes that South Florida put into place after Andrew. A hurricane of similar strength hitting South Florida won't do near as much damage as it would almost anywhere else because we actually prepare for them, know what to expect, and build our houses accordingly.

I have not looted, though everyone I know has street signs that were knocked off from storms, and I've got a big stop sign in my garage. I also very nearly took a stop light that was knocked out, but that thing was surprisingly heavy.

you couldn't chain it to your car and drag it home. That would be something I would like to have. It isn't often you can just get your hands on a stoplight these days.

I hope your brother's OK.

Also, I stand by my right to post a joke about hurricanes, which was originally posted by someone in the hurricane's path, prior to it making landfall.

Last time I checked I wasn't a moderator...so post away...until the thread gets closed