• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poon,

Maybe Erica will give you permission to play guitar in the house tonight! Drink up. Keep us posted! I will try to call this weekend!!

~~~Vibes~~~

I am about to hit the patio before the rain hits, play guitar, get drunk, and with drunkenness comes drunk-dialing. so be prepared.

You too Tweeds -- Lowell is in your 'hood right? Remember, Obama is counting on your vote!!

You are so sweet! Thanks for thinking about us. Thank goodness we are about 600 miles from Houston. Amazing, isn't it? And still in the same state! :stunned

ps

I'm sure Obama is not concerned about my vote. :P :cheekkiss

Oh but I am :shifty

:lol

Seriously, Lowell (or the remnants) are near Lubbock, right? That's gotta be kinda near the panhandle!

We've had some rain for 2 days but that's ok cuz we needed it. Lubbock is by the panhandle. Just a little under 2 hours away from us.

Pending the outcome, I think we can now say, with a reasonable degree of certainty, that one can mess with Texas or maybe even make a mess of Texas.

I say this with all good humor...

fuck you

best of luck to everyone in ike's path! including this guy, whose approach needs a little work:

"This is nature meets the proud United States of America, and my US of A is going to win."

ROBERT SHUMAKE, of Galveston, Tex., on the approach of Hurricane Ike.

Those of you who felt the need to yuck it up as the apocalypse approached Galveston should be really ashamed.

$8 Billion in damages estimated. Over 2 million people without power. I fear at the number of dead once the authorities manage to get access. It is scary that so many chose to ignore the 'evacuate or face death' warnings from the National Weather Service.

Houston is the fourth largest city in America and the gulf coast region supplies approximatley 15% of the refined gasoline.

Luckily, the refineries have suffered minimal damage (according to reports). But Houston has suffered an amazing level of damage.

Yea, anyone trying to break into my home would get their ass shot off. I fail to see what is wrong with that.

What would you do, ask him nicely to please go away? :lol

Hell no ... I'd probably be armed too.

My thoughts exactly. I'm not aware of anyone yucking it up here. Neil (whatdidisay) was making jokes in the ummm forum so it carried into this thread.

Many vibes to all those down there, though I do have to say that anyone who stays when there is a mandatory evacuation order is foolish.

My thoughts exactly. I'm not aware of anyone yucking it up here. Neil (whatdidisay) was making jokes in the ummm forum so it carried into this thread.

Many vibes to all those down there, though I do have to say that anyone who stays when there is a mandatory evacuation order is foolish.

A little hurricane humor I found on teh Interwebs:

--------------------

Top 10 Reasons Hurricane Season is Like Christmas

10. Decorating the house (boarding up windows)

9. Dragging out boxes that haven't been used since last season (camping gear, flashlights)

8. Last minute shopping in crowded stores

7. Regular TV shows pre-empted for "specials"

6. Family coming to stay with you

5. Family and friends from out-of-state calling

4. Buying food you don't normally buy ... and in large quantities

3. Days off from work

2. Candles

...and the number one reason Hurricane Season is like Christmas...

1. At some point you know you're going to have a tree in your house!

--------------------

Major vibes to those in Ike's path. :nailbite

Pending the outcome, I think we can now say, with a reasonable degree of certainty, that one can mess with Texas or maybe even make a mess of Texas.

Damn! I forgot to tell Poon to be a looter and get some good shit.

Well, it is Texas...