• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone still needs to write the middle

....or write a completely different joke....

The typhoon says, "Holey moley, Hurricane, but you certainly do have a wide ass!"

Hurricane snorts, "I wouldn't talk if I were you, Typhoon is just another name for Hurricane!"

Rabbi says miserably, "It's like trying to put lipstick on a pig. And now you've got me craving bacon! Oy vey!"

Check it out, quasi-humorous, timely, and topical all at once! :)

Ike's death toll reaches 32

September 15, 2008 13:11 EDT

CHICAGO (AP) -- Hurricane Ike is being blamed for a weekend of devastation in nine states.

The storm and its remnants are responsible for 32 deaths and power outages from Texas to Illinois, on to Ohio, Kentucky and New York.

Nearly one and a half million homes and businesses have no electricity today. Flooding touched off by a half foot or more of rain is reported in parts of Illinois, Indiana and Missouri. As many as 5,000 people are being evacuated from Munster, Indiana, where the town manager says they've "never had flooding like this."

Farmers fear all the rain could wreck what may already be shaky corn and soybean crops.

Ike's death toll reaches 32

September 15, 2008 13:11 EDT

CHICAGO (AP) -- Hurricane Ike is being blamed for a weekend of devastation in nine states.

The storm and its remnants are responsible for 32 deaths and power outages from Texas to Illinois, on to Ohio, Kentucky and New York.

Nearly one and a half million homes and businesses have no electricity today. Flooding touched off by a half foot or more of rain is reported in parts of Illinois, Indiana and Missouri. As many as 5,000 people are being evacuated from Munster, Indiana, where the town manager says they've "never had flooding like this."

Farmers fear all the rain could wreck what may already be shaky corn and soybean crops.

New York...seriously?

I find someone that took pictures of our damage this week. It is crazy. Worse than any tornado damage I've seen here. And there is lots of tornado damage every year.

i apologize in advance..but is is a town manager the same as a community organizer because that town manager in Munster seems to have some responsibility..

Again...sorry.

....or write a completely different joke....

The typhoon says, "Holey moley, Hurricane, but you certainly do have a wide ass!"

Hurricane snorts, "I wouldn't talk if I were you, Typhoon is just another name for Hurricane!"

Rabbi says miserably, "It's like trying to put lipstick on a pig. And now you've got me craving bacon! Oy vey!"

Check it out, quasi-humorous, timely, and topical all at once! :)

:lol

My daughter in Ohio called last night saying trees were blown down around her neighborhood. She was terrified.

Remnants of Ike blamed for 13 deaths in Midwest

By Associated Press | Monday, September 15, 2008 | http://www.bostonherald.com | U.S./ Midwest Region

Photo by AP

CHICAGO - Losing it devastating punch as a major hurricane, Ike nevertheless drubbed the Midwest with powerful winds and floodwaters that are being blamed for at least 13 deaths.

More than a million homes and businesses lost electrical power on Sunday and thousands of people were forced to evacuate their homes. Authorities were to continue on Monday to assess damage and map recovery.

The death toll from Ike rose to 28 people in eight states extending from the hurricane-pounded Gulf Coast to the storm-battered Midwest.

Illinois officials said they planned to ask Gov. Rod Blagojevich to issue a disaster declaration for both the city of Chicago and Cook County, a move that would make additional funds available to deal with flood-related costs.

Cook County was placed under a state of emergency as thigh-high water prompted dozens of boat rescues in Chicago.

No deaths were reported Sunday in Illinois, but elsewhere in the Midwest the remnants of Ike proved deadly.

Four people died in floodwaters and high winds in Indiana. A teacher and his father were sucked into a culvert and drowned Sunday morning while trying to rescue a 10-year-old boy from a flooded ditch in Chesterton in northwest Indiana, the state Department of Natural Resources said. Falling trees were blamed for two deaths in southern Indiana.

"We

I have a friend who lives in New York and had one of the shutters blown off of her house and her patio table thrown from the deck into the middle of the yard. It's one of those big glass tables and they still can't find the umbrella.

It was windy here and really, really rainy but we only suffered a leaky roof. I don't remember getting that much rain in a really long time. We got some rain with Gustav, but nothing like Ike. It's amazing to think that was the same storm that came all the way from the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, thru Cuba, Texas,and then up through the midwest and back out into the ocean.

Even in CT we had near hurricane force winds and record rainfall because of Ike.

Did I sleep through this? It rained a bit here and was dank, but other than that, not much.

That first one doesn't seem real....

yea, that first one is from crystal beach, where i spent so many summers growing up. here is a picture of where my family's beach houses used to be - all of those puddles were once houses. i can't believe the devastation down there. my thoughts are with everyone who was affected by this monster storm!

crystal.jpg

Heck, I'm in central Ohio and we haven't had electricity at my house for 72 hours and counting thanks to high winds from Ike. I think that really puts it into perspective for a lot of people around here--if we're seeing this kind of effect from the storm, its hard to wrap your head around what happened where the storm came ashore. :no

Heck, I'm in central Ohio and we haven't had electricity at my house for 72 hours and counting thanks to high winds from Ike. I think that really puts it into perspective for a lot of people around here--if we're seeing this kind of effect from the storm, its hard to wrap your head around what happened where the storm came ashore. :no

72? Shit, man. Yeah, similar situation here, on campus without power, 36+. The worst thing is that virtually every building around our apartment complex has power... :brow

power vibes to all ~~~~

72? Shit, man. Yeah, similar situation here, on campus without power, 36+. The worst thing is that virtually every building around our apartment complex has power... :brow

power vibes to all ~~~~

Wait? How many hours now? I lost track! :lol Not 72, I think I meant almost 48. Shit, I lost track. But I'm not that far from you, so we're probably about the same.

Campus is still out? Really? I would have thought that would have been one of the first areas back up. My wife works at COSI and says that most of downtown appears to be up and running. AEP is going to get to the rest of us "hopefully before Friday". Thanks, guys. :wave

Its not so bad, though. Some neighbors lost trees and shingles, but we made it through ok. We've got running water, so having no electricity isn't so bad--I just tell the kids its like camping. :lol

What is campus like? Are you guys burning couches so you have light to do homework by?

Columbus got hammered by 75+ mph winds. I lost an apple tree in back and power for 2 days - just came on. My neighbor had his new car smashed. Schools have been cancelled for 2 days also. Getting along OK though compared to those in Texas, I really feel for all of you - take care of yourselves.

Getting along OK though compared to those in Texas, I really feel for all of you - take care of yourselves.

Yeah, what we're dealing with here are mostly pretty minor inconveniences when you put it into perspective. Major vibes down south, though.