New Custom Guitar from Gibson

Isn't it just an SG with a flared end and a stupid paint job?

Oh, and ... who's Zakk Wylde?

Peghead comes from a variety of models...I associate it w/ Les Paul Customs mostly(looks like an ebony fingerboard too).

Upper torso, SG, yeah, lower bout a tapered edge Flying V.

Gibson design as of late has been pretty horrific.

Zakk gained notoriety with Ozzy and has gone on to do his own thing over the years.

That looks like a joke. Seriously. It looks like an April Fool's prank.

If I ever saw someone playing one of those things, I'd do my best to do something terrible to them. That's how bad it is; you can tell how dumb someone is just by them playing it.

Actually, maybe that's the point. This guitar makes it easier to identify assholes from a distance.

Moderne peghead. Circa 1957-58.

SEP-23000198-001A.jpg

I just can't get behind this headstock. I love the body shape, but the fanned out thing on the top is just not for me at all.

Personally, I thought that guitar-of-the-month a few months ago, the goldtop Les Paul with the Florentine cutaway and floral pickguard is one of the most beautiful instruments they've ever made. A friend of mine bought one, and I can assure you, they are absolutely not slouching in the quality department. I've already made sure I've been written into his will.

That guitar looks like it was stolen from the set of some horrible 80s metal video shoot, and has just finally surfaced. Send it back I say, the 80s are over.

Awesome. Amazing guitar, amazing player.

Oh, I hope your kidding.

Gibson can be so aggravating. The need to go back and focus on the basics; what made them popular. We don't need 12 different "J-45" models or 34 different "Les Pauls". My god. Focus, people, focus.