New and Improved 3-ply election thread...

Ford/UAW's latest contract You can assume Chrysler and GM have the same thing.

http://www.uaw.org/contracts/07/ford/hrly/index.php

BTW It was mentioned that pensions would be the next crisis. The big three have seen this issue coming for years and have done little or nothing about it. I think they did little about it because times were good, now that they are going south we will hear more about it. I

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has nothing to do with the election, but I'm happy for this decision.

Bush doesn't win this one

Court Reverses Bush Decision to Strip Protection From Wolves in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Michigan & overturned a 2007 Bush administration decision to remove Great Lakes area wolves from the endangered species list. This ruling puts an immediate halt on the killing of hundreds of wolves in Michigan, Minnesota, and Wisconsin.

This has nothing to do with the election, but I'm happy for this decision.

Bush doesn't win this one

Court Reverses Bush Decision to Strip Protection From Wolves in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Michigan & overturned a 2007 Bush administration decision to remove Great Lakes area wolves from the endangered species list. This ruling puts an immediate halt on the killing of hundreds of wolves in Michigan, Minnesota, and Wisconsin.

That's an unfortunate ruling.

Biden also has to worry about not looking like a smug dick, which might be tough, because she is so unpolished and clearly out of her depth.

I think this speaks for its self (she make a case for voting for Obama):

Katie Couric: You made a funny comment, you've said you have been listening to Joe Biden's speeches since you were in second grade.

Gov. Palin: It's been since like '72, yah.

Katie Couric: You have a 72-year-old running mate, is that kind of a risky thing to say, insinuating that Joe Biden's been around awhile?

Gov. Palin: Oh no, it's nothing negative at all. He's got a lot of experience and just stating the fact there, that we've been hearing his speeches for all these years. So he's got a tremendous amount of experience and, you know, I'm the new energy, the new face, the new ideas and he's got the experience based on many many years in the Senate and voters are gonna have a choice there of what it is that they want in these next four years.

Question: Why isn't it better, Gov. Palin, to spend $700 billion helping middle class families who are struggling with health care, housing, gas, and groceries, [to] allow them to spend more and put more money into the economy instead of helping these big financial institutions that played a role in creating this mess?

Answer: "That's why I say I, like every American I'm speaking with, we're ill about this position that we have been put in. Where it is the taxpayers looking to bail out. But ultimately, what the bailout does is help those who are concerned about the health care reform that is needed to help shore up our economy. Um, helping, oh, it's got to be about job creation, too. Shoring up our economy, and getting it back on the right track. So health care reform and reducing taxes and reining in spending has got to accompany tax reductions, and tax relief for Americans, and trade -- we have got to see trade as opportunity, not as, uh, competitive, um, scary thing, but one in five jobs created in the trade sector today. We've got to look at that as more opportunity. All of those things under the umbrella of job creation."

I think this speaks for its self (she make a case for voting for Obama):

Katie Couric: You made a funny comment, you've said you have been listening to Joe Biden's speeches since you were in second grade.

Gov. Palin: It's been since like '72, yah.

Katie Couric: You have a 72-year-old running mate, is that kind of a risky thing to say, insinuating that Joe Biden's been around awhile?

Gov. Palin: Oh no, it's nothing negative at all. He's got a lot of experience and just stating the fact there, that we've been hearing his speeches for all these years. So he's got a tremendous amount of experience and, you know, I'm the new energy, the new face, the new ideas and he's got the experience based on many many years in the Senate and voters are gonna have a choice there of what it is that they want in these next four years.

What is she trying to say? And tell me what kid listens to political speeches starting in the 2nd grade?

Sarah Palin 2006 debate video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1-B-OyQ-KI

Haven't really gotten the chance to watch this (working), but in the 30 seconds I did watch she seems at least more collected than she has appeared in 2008.

She's comfortable and eloquent when talking about stuff in her wheel house - gay marriage, abortion & euthanasia. That should come as no surprise.

We'll see how well she can do on topics such as foreign policy, the economy, healthcare, education, etc. that are likely (hopefully) going to be the focus of Thursday's debate.

I see why you like Palin. Excellent track record on animal rights.

It's an unfortunate ruling because it effectively disallows states from making it legal for a property owner to kill a wolf that is attacking his or her livestock.

It's an unfortunate ruling because it effectively disallows states from making it legal for a property owner to kill a wolf that is attacking his or her livestock.

If it's on your property killing livestock than that is a completely different story in my book. We just lost 2 calves in our backyard this week (FHF's family) to a cougar. No sure, but my father in law said nothing was left but some skin and bones. I hope they shoot it. I have 9 animals and a 3 year old to protect. It was spotted within walking distance from my house. I'm a bit freaked out @ the moment. My 3 year old was on the 4-wheeler when they found the 1st body. :upset