New and Improved 3-ply election thread...

holy shit... the more this lady opens her mouth, the more dumbfounded i am....

"Oil and coal? Of course' date=' it's a fungible commodity. And they don't flag, you know, the molecules, where it's going to where it's not. But, in the sense of the congress today, they know they are very very hungry. Domestic markets that need that oil first. So I believe that what congress is going to do also is not to allow export bans to such a degree that it's Americans that get stuck holding the bag without the energy source that is produced here, pumped here. It's got to flow into our domestic markets first."[/quote']

:lol

:rotfl

wow... just wow

my mother thinks that she sounded like she was on drugs during the Couric interview?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The answer smart-ass..is no. I support developing a national wolf recovery strategy unlike the Bush administration who is anti-animal and enviroment. Does this make me some wacko hippy liberal Kwall.

Yes, the Bush administration (and all Republicans, I'm sure) are anti-animal and anti-environment.

I'd much rather see a bail out of domestic industry (such as GM or Ford) or the airlines to a certain extent because they produce real, tangible items and jobs. The housing market has been going full bore for nearly a decade (check out new construction starts) and has far exceeded demand. It needs to cool off for a few years. Real estate wealth and equity is a strange item to quantify being so cyclical.

Thank you.

This election we will get exactly what we deserve as a country. Regardless of whichever hack gets elected.

JUDE/Jules 08'

holy shit... the more this lady opens her mouth, the more dumbfounded i am....

wow... just wow

my mother thinks that she sounded like she was on drugs during the Couric interview?

Did you notice how McCain defensively backed towards her, like: "oh shit, she's trying to give an intelligent response. Maybe if I stand closer my professionalism will rub off."

It's an unfortunate ruling because it effectively disallows states from making it legal for a property owner to kill a wolf that is attacking his or her livestock.

It also prevents game hunters from making trophies out of an at-risk species. I would love to see some numbers about how much wolves are costing farmers in injured/killed/ or deliciously eaten live stock. I heard on NPR Palin wanted to pay hunters $150.00 for bringing in a wolf leg. What's next a nationalized polar bear tooth trade? Holy shit.....

Right. it's supposed to be scheduled, but it isn't always the case. My ex-husband's job (and it was my dad's job for a while) as the overtime equalization rep for the union is to keep track of overtime and to compensate the people who weren't asked.

But certainly the point is to see that OT is spread equally among the people in the same job classification, isn't it? Not that someone who didn't get two hours of OT gets paid for it anyway, but that someone who has never gotten OT when the guy next to him gets an extra hour every day is given the chance to work some of those time-and-a-half hours.

If that's not the way it works, then the company is getting played by the union. I can't imagine that their accountants would be letting the union getting away with that.

But certainly the point is to see that OT is spread equally among the people in the same job classification, isn't it? Not that someone who didn't get two hours of OT gets paid for it anyway, but that someone who has never gotten OT when the guy next to him gets an extra hour every day is given the chance to work some of those time-and-a-half hours.

If that's not the way it works, then the company is getting played by the union. I can't imagine that their accountants would be letting the union getting away with that.

I understand why they do it. But I just think that it gets a little out of control at times. I also think there should be some sort of limits on it. Any time my ex was short money for whatever reason, he'd go file a grievance and come home with a check for $500 for doing nothing. Don't let people work overtime if it's not scheduled, period! Don't make it so easy for people to take advantage of it. It costs the company a shit ton of money. I don't have the answers on how to fix it, I just don't like how it works as is.

Awesome...simply awesome.

There have been some bad choices for VP in history but this has to be the worst, correct?

at least since 1972, yes, this is the worst, by far. if she surprises positively, and with truly her own thinking on thursday, i will do something unheard of.

CBS aired this part tonight. The most unbelievable Palin moment yet (to me):

Wow. I can see where she would get stumped by Katie's hard hitting questions there. "All of them!!" I've asked this here before... does anyone think at any point that she would think to her self "I'm really not qualified and am very uncomfortable with being the VP and potentially President of the US"?

I don't want to pile on her here because the notion of her being the VP candidate is simply absurd. Worst decision ever.

CBS aired this part tonight. The most unbelievable Palin moment yet (to me):

Wow. Just wow. I simply cannot believe that it is entirely possible that even I am more qualified to be VP than this woman.

This is another bit that Tina Fey could repeat word for word, and people would laugh. This is amazing.

USA Today is my guess as one of her best sources. She couldn't say New York Times....it would be political suicide :o

Seriously though, she couldn't think of one publication, not a single one, not even Guns & Ammo magazine?

I do think the 'whatever one is in front of me' is quite the line. George Bush wouldn't admit to that. He goes out of his way not to read them, 'reportedly'....

When did they get newspapers in Alaska? Subversion from the media elite has made it there already?