Christ for President in Religulous

While listening to a Star Wars movie for the 34293472934th time today, this quote from Han Solo made me think of this thread. Boy, was he wrong about the force...

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other, I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field controls my destiny.
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How so what? How so do I listen to that stupid movie so many times? My 2 year old is obsessed with it and he has to watch it every time we're in the car. I'd let him use the headphones so I could listen to music, but he keeps the volume up too loud and I'm afraid he'll damage his ears. So I just put up with it to keep him quiet.

How so did it remind me of this thread?

Substitute God for "mystical energy field"

How so?

I'd be entirely willing to believe in a "god" or "the force" if someone could provide even one single piece of clear, demonstrable, testable evidence.

Until then, I'll remain unrepentantly skeptical.

Holy red herring batman! You of course realize by now that no one here cares what you do or don't believe in.

Holy red herring batman! You of course realize by now that no one here cares what you do or don't believe in.

Hahahaha! Thanks for the laugh.

(Not that you are right and he is wrong, Lord kno... err, God kn... err, for Christ's sake I... err, gracious sakes I don't want any trouble)

We saw this a lot in the last thread. Lots of smiley faces jacking themselves off and stifled fake yawns. Covering its eyes and ears and mocking its critics is what religion does best, after all. There is nothing else it can do. "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain! The Wizard of Oz is real, I tell you!"

And of course the infantile "you said 'Jesus Christ,' that means you believe" insinuation always seems to crop up on a long enough timeline, however playfully. Yeah, it's absolutely fucking riotous that a society that is overwhelmingly Christian is loaded down with colloquialisms rooted in Christianity. That's just lol-worthy, right there. Personally, I'm thankful that most of them are at least seen to blaspheme against "the lord."

And of course the infantile "you said 'Jesus Christ,' that means you believe" insinuation...

If that was directed at me, you are wrong. I am no Christian but I am a non-denominational believer in humor.

If that was directed at me, you are wrong. I am no Christian but I am a non-denominational believer in humor.

I think that was directed at me. He just doesn't realize that 9 out of 10 times I'm not serious. I could care less what he does or does not believe in and no matter what he says, he's never going to change my mind.

Jesus Christ. I've had it with this idiocy. Enjoy the thread, folks. Enjoy your Flying Spaghetti Monster, your Jesus, and your Flim-Flam Man. They are all bunkum.

Ok

Yeah, yeah, that's just fucking great. I SAID JESUS CHRIST SO I MUST BE RELIGIOUS HA HA. If anything, that stands as an illustration of just how insidious this garbage truly is.

He's the one that put the words in my mouth...

Thanks for the clarification. I should've read back a few instead of assuming that the world revolves around me!

Wanna fight over it?

:dancing (I know that it is the 'dancing' emoticon but it looks like someone putting up their dukes)

An annoying chick with a honking nose ring? I'd say he was a douche.

Then we should all start the Church of Massengill.

We saw this a lot in the last thread. Lots of smiley faces jacking themselves off and stifled fake yawns. Covering its eyes and ears and mocking its critics is what religion does best, after all. There is nothing else it can do. "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain! The Wizard of Oz is real, I tell you!"

You really need to lighten up.

Lots of smiley faces jacking themselves off and stifled fake yawns.

I agree. How dare anyone try to have fun on a message board? This forum is for high-fallutin' reglious conversation only

Oh yeah, one more thing:

:jerkit :jerkit :jerkit :jerkit :jerkit :jerkit :jerkit :jerkit :jerkit :jerkit :jerkit :jerkit :jerkit :jerkit :jerkit :jerkit :jerkit :jerkit

There is seriously something wrong when a girl from Missouri has to drive over and hour to Kansas just to see "Religulous" because MO folks are scared of Bill Maher. WTF? It's not playing anywhere. Oh well, I got to have free-range bison meatloaf at Ted's Montanna Grill & sit with the only cool people in KS. I'm thinking most of the crowd was from my state though.