1. 1. Music Format You Most Prefer

• CD
    • MP3 (DIGITAL FORMAT)
    • VINYL
    • Other (See Below)
  2. 2. Where do you prefer to Purchase?

• In Store
    • Other (See Below)

I'm sure we've covered this, but I'd like to update it.

Just curious, when it comes to spending your money on music - what you buy the most, or have the most of . . .

I like to have vinyl on most occasions, but have plenty of cd's still. For me, can;t beat the vinyl with digital download, prolly my fav. I use online and in store, but I will never not go to the record sto'.

I voted CD: in-store.

But, honestly, I PREFER vinyl; I just don't have the equipment to play it anymore.

Someday soon, however, I will.

Still, ya gotta be able to flip through the stacks. It's a visceral thing.

I prefer AAC.

I don't currently have a turntable, so "CD" was my answer. I don't believe I have ever purchased a digital file (MP3, etc.).

I used to love shopping in stores, but virtually all of the stores I liked are now gone. So I went with "online," because I like ordering directly from artist's websites, and from places like milesofmusic.com, parasol.com, and even Amazon.

Plus, I'm lazy ... and it's difficult to park anywhere near the couple of stores I still like.

Most of my stuff is in the (ahem, free) download format, but when it comes to buying, I go with vinyl. With new releases, it has to be something really special (like SBS), otherwise I just pick up weird old used shit.

I download quite a bit but then at various times of the year I will go on a cd buying binge and buy up the ones that I really liked after downloading. On occasion, I will buy online. It works out cheaper for me to buy online actually what with the dollar/euro conversion thing.

I would love to have kept all my vinyl and to this day I regret getting rid of it all.

Still, ya gotta be able to flip through the stacks. It's a visceral thing.

:dancing

otherwise I just pick up weird old used shit.

:pirate Sometimes I get one just for the cover!

I would love to have kept all my vinyl and to this day I regret getting rid of it all.

I got rid of mine in the early 80s, then compiled a better collection starting about 8 years ago.

Currently, I puchase cds online(Amazon used, e-bay & directly from label). I don't even own an i-pod and I have over a thousand lps purchased at garage & estate sales & some e-bay.

Currently, I puchase cds online(Amazon used, e-bay & directly from label). I don't even own an i-pod and I have over a thousand lps purchased at garage & estate sales & some e-bay.

Odd - I bet we are among the few around here that do not own an iPod. I only listen to music when I am front of the computer really - at home it is cds, FLAC files, and Mp3 files - if that is the only way I can get something.

At work, I listen to the BBC - they have great shows.

For however many years, I have always bought new cds on the day (and sometimes before) of release. As many have said, those days are pretty much over. So, I have to now order stuff from amazon - which to me is a drag. I don't buy records anymore, as there no more flea markets or record stores around here. I still have almost all the records and tapes I have had since I was about 11 years old - which is when I became a music freak.

For the sound, I still love vinyl best. Nevertheless I mainly buy CDs at a store. Like Aman and a few others here, I don't have an iPod. The only time I listen to MP3s is when I want to check something out before buying.

No ipod, just cds. I buy both in store and and online. I have to report to online because other wise I could spend about $1000 in 10 min at a store. I can only be in store for about 3 min before I get carried away, and I still have $150 worth of cds. Online it is harder for me to browse. I only listen to music while driving, or on the computer, or reading. No need to plug my ears up all the time.

No iPod here, either. I buy a lot of music, and it's probably an even split between eMusic downloads (occasionally iTunes or Amazon) and CDs purchased through online stores (usually Amazon).

At work, I listen to the BBC - they have great shows.

Do you listen online? Any issues with material not being available to listeners overseas/in your area?

I love Radio 4 and 6 Music but some live broadcasts are not available online in Ireland, even though I can listen to them thru the satellite television.

Do you listen online? Any issues with material not being available to listeners overseas/in your area?

I love Radio 4 and 6 Music but some live broadcasts are not available online in Ireland, even though I can listen to them thru the satellite television.

I listen to BBC 2 - Suzi Quatro (Oldies), Brian Mathews (Sounds of The 60s), and Mark Lamarr (alternative 60s). Some things are blocked - such as the Bob Dylan show.

i really like mark lamarr - he's also a very good comedy writer (helped write one of my favourite modern comedy series "15 storeys high"). what do you think of him?

I have a heard time understanding him when he speaks, but I dig what he plays.