The Frank Caliendo non-appreciation thread

:lol I knew you'd like him. I was wondering if this would be the first thread in VC history where everyone agreed on something. So, you think Tina Fey is not so funny and Frank Caliendo is talented? Perfect.

Wait, so people who defend the comedic merits of the current SNL program are questioning other

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Frank Caliendo and Tina Fey are both unfunny. So there.

:lol I knew you'd like him. I was wondering if this would be the first thread in VC history where everyone agreed on something. So, you think Tina Fey is not so funny and Frank Caliendo is talented? Perfect.

Yeah, Caliendo is pretty funny as an imperonator. Fey is a great writer, nothing more.

What do you mean by, "I knew you'd like him"? Are you saying that like I'm a dumbshit with poor taste in humor?

I agree with YOU that Mad TV bites the big one. But he was maybe the lone shining moment.

I saw Jim Gaffigan recently, and he was HILARIOUS. A great stand-up act.

(This is where you click "reply" and tell me how much Gaffigan sucks and that anyone who likes Jim Gaffigan is a boob.)

I thought Caliendo's GWB impersonation was perfect & hilarious the first time I saw it. His Madden and Rome impersonations are also very good. The other ones I've seen are ok/mediocre.

That being said, I haven't watched any FrankTV or been barraged by the commercials many of you complain about - so I guess I'm not the victim of his over-exposure.

And Tina Fey is brilliant and hilarious - as Sara Palin and as herself.

It starts up October 30. I highly recommend it. Easily one of the 3 funniest shows on television right now.

I only watch House, Robot Chicken and re-runs of Wings.

Who doesn't think Tina Fey is funny? Have they never watched 30 Rock?

Me, and yes.

Me, and yes.

I am with you. I watched it for the first time a few weeks ago. Cringeworthy stuff. She is just not funny, to me anyway. That black guy in the cast is unbearable too.

Amen! Does TBS really think that people will watch that show after completely bludgeoning us over the head with those ad's? I'm curious whether the Frank-defenders have watched any of the post-season baseball games.

(And can I just say that I'd like to add Harold Reynolds to the non-appreciation thread)

I am with you. I watched it for the first time a few weeks ago. Cringeworthy stuff. She is just not funny, to me anyway. That black guy in the cast is unbearable too.

We rented the 1st season last week. Meh. Didn't get past episode 2. I've seen this in a better form - it's called The Larry Sanders Show.

We rented the 1st season last week. Meh. Didn't get past episode 2. I've seen this in a better form - it's called The Larry Sanders Show.

Admittedly, the pilot episode is easily their worst. But the show really found its footing midway through that first season and has gotten better and better.

30 Rock is funny... mostly because of Alec Baldwin. Not as funny as Arrested Development, but nothing is.

The scene where Alec Baldwin role-plays family therapy with Tracey Morgan is one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen on TV.