The Frank Caliendo non-appreciation thread

I am sick to death of that guy. :yucky

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it gets old quick but it's nowhere near as annoying as that bitch who tells us "we have enough fuel RIGHT HERE IN AMERICA - enough to fill 60 million cars for 60 years". Someone needs to tell her there are 180 million vehicles in this country. So...20 years and we're dunzo?

I hate the real Seinfeld. Seinfeld-channeled-by-Caliendo makes me want to vom.

I believe it was during the Phillies-Brewers series that I said out loud to a room full of people, "If I ever see Frank Caliendo in the street I'm going to walk right up and punch him in the face."

No one disagreed.

I never want to hear his John Madden again (seriously, is there a less interesting person to imitate?), and most of the rest of his impressions aren't even very good. He's way past his fifteen minutes.

Great thread, Bjorn. I thought his radio version of the John Madden imitation was mildy amusing 3 or 4 years ago. Otherwise, I agree that he is one of the more irritating "comedians" around. Hell, I'd throw most of the cast of MadTv in that 'punch in the face' category as well.

I've never seen his show, and yet am absolutely sick of the guy.

The sad part is that other than the never ending FrankTV commercials, the TBS playoff coverage runs circles around Fox's. It's better in every way, if only they would stop barraging me with those stupid ads. Actually still better in every way if Fox brings back the Dane Cook "There's Only One October" commercials.

Actually still better in every way if Fox brings back the Dane Cook "There's Only One October" commercials.

This year's "there's only one October" commercials with people narrating the blog entries (or whatever those are) they're typing are pretty bad. I think one of them has the not-Simon guy from American Idol, doesn't it?

There are several impressions during those ads that i have no idea who is supposed to be. That's generally not a sign of a successful impressionist. The ones I DO know are so generic as to render the actual impression totally unfunny, even when the impersonation is okay.

Say what you will about him, but I still think his GWB impersonation is near perfect. Down to the mannerisms and facial expressions. The rest of his schtick has gotten pretty old, though.

But how is John Madden not interesting? One of the most successful NFL coaches in its history, changed the landscape for color commentary during a game and is still one of the best, and is the face of one of the most successful video game franchises ever.

But how is John Madden not interesting? One of the most successful NFL coaches in its history, changed the landscape for color commentary during a game and is still one of the best, and is the face of one of the most successful video game franchises ever.

Madden's a pretty horrible commentator, in my opinion. I can't stand watching games that he's working. Talk about schtick that's gotten old.

His past coaching success and video game franchise are irrelevant to whether he's an "interesting person." He bores the hell out of me.

I think the guy's pretty talented. Not his fault that stations show endless commercials with him.

I love his Jim Rome impersonation.

:lol I knew you'd like him. I was wondering if this would be the first thread in VC history where everyone agreed on something. So, you think Tina Fey is not so funny and Frank Caliendo is talented? Perfect.

:lol I knew you'd like him. I was wondering if this would be the first thread in VC history where everyone agreed on something. So, you think Tina Fey is not so funny and Frank Caliendo is talented? Perfect.

I was thinking the same thing