Isn't it time for a new election thread?!

Speaking of covers Ikol, as much as Hollywood & this babe annoy me, I appreciate this cover of her breast feeding. An issue I believe is so important. GOBAMA & BREASTFEEDING! :yes

There's an issue on which we can agree!

When I tell other Wilco fans that here on VC there are actual Wilco fans that are voting AGAINST Obama people are amazed.

LouieB

I have to admit, we are amazing.

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Da Dogg
When I tell other Wilco fans that here on VC there are actual Wilco fans that are voting AGAINST Obama people are amazed.

LouieB

Amazed that people are not conforming to what a Wilco fan is supposed to be?

Blasphemy!!!!

LouieB

Lou, do you think Jeff would care?

Amazed that people are not conforming to what a Wilco fan is supposed to be?

Blasphemy!!!!

whatever...

:frusty
I know.....I don't care anymore.

The fact that some folks here don't get that this IS an important election no longer really amazes me. At this stage of the game if folks really think McCain is better for the long term health of this country, so be it. If somehow the fact that we can elect a really smart, thoughtful, and concerned person of color as president of the US of A and that doesn't seem to matter to people on the so called left, so be it also.

I am with the majority of Wilco fans who are going to vote Obama and we can all be proud in a couple weeks when we (with help from our favorite band) help put him over the top.

LouieB

I am with the majority of Wilco fans who are going to vote Obama and we can all be proud in a couple weeks when we (with help from our favorite band) help put him over the top.

LouieB

Yes, and let's hope all the votes count this time.

Lou, do you think Jeff would care?

Actually yes.

No.
Actually you may be wrong about this, since I had a conversation with Jeff four years ago prior to the last election and he really felt it was important then to elect a Democrat and I am sure feels it is important now to elect Obama.

Considering Jeff has played Obama benefits and his band wears Obama buttons and such, I am sure he is just like everyone else and would like people to support who he feels is best. Short of Jeff coming on here and telling you himself, I can't be totally sure, but I am close enough sure that I think I can say that. Could I be wrong?? Sure. It is possible Jeff really doesn't care if his fans support Obama or not, but considering his past actions and words and the fact that he is actually from Chicago and knows Barack, I can't imagine I am that far off. But you can be sure that Jeff does care if Barack wins or not.

LouieB

Lou, I think Jules' point is that there are some conservative Wilco fans, which isn't all that surprising.

Yes, and I take exception to the implication that if you're not voting for Obama, you don't think this election is important. That's just silly.

Lou, I think Jules' point is that there are some conservative Wilco fans, which isn't all that surprising.
Yea, considering this has been something we have talked about for the past five years, I do know that. But no one should be surprised that I am surprised that there are Wilco fans who really want Barack to lose.

LouieB

Considering Jeff has played Obama benefits and his band wears Obama buttons and such, I am sure he is just like everyone else and would like people to support who he feels is best. Short of Jeff coming on here and telling you himself, I can't be totally sure, but I am close enough sure that I think I can say that. Could I be wrong?? Sure. It is possible Jeff really doesn't care if his fans support Obama or not, but considering his past actions and words and the fact that he is actually from Chicago and knows Barack, I can't imagine I am that far off. But you can be sure that Jeff does care if Barack wins or not.

LouieB

Of course he cares if Obama wins or not, but that wasn't the question.

Yes, and I take exception to the implication that if you're not voting for Obama, you don't think this election is important. That's just silly.
Exception taken. Cleary you do think that NOT voting for Obama is important. I get that. I have gotten that from any number of folks here who think I should understand that voting for someone who is trying to win the Vietnam war in Iraq and has become as right wing as McCain has (list all his other ridiculous positions here, I am not up for it) is attractive to the so many people in the Wilco fan base.

Both my friends and detractors can beat me up for this (and have), I still don't get it. Sorry. Just as you don't get why you SHOULD vote for him, I don't get why you wouldn't. That seems pretty easy to understand I think.

LouieB

Of course he cares if Obama wins or not, but that wasn't the question.
What is the question then? That people should be able to vote for whomever they want?? I don't question that, never have and never will. See the above statement.

LouieB

Actually yes.

Actually you may be wrong about this, since I had a conversation with Jeff four years ago prior to the last election and he really felt it was important then to elect a Democrat and I am sure feels it is important now to elect Obama.

LouieB

I don't think your wrong..I'm just trying to appear fair and balanced. :stunned

Exception taken. Cleary you do think that NOT voting for Obama is important. I get that. I have gotten that from any number of folks here who think I should understand that voting for someone who is trying to win the Vietnam war in Iraq and has become as right wing as McCain has (list all his other ridiculous positions here, I am not up for it) is attractive to the so many people in the Wilco fan base.

Both my friends and detractors can beat me up for this (and have), I still don't get it. Sorry. Just as you don't get why you SHOULD vote for him, I don't get why you wouldn't. That seems pretty easy to understand I think.

LouieB

Alright, then. I wasn't here 4 years ago, so this is new to me. I get not agreeing with my vote; I just don't get the Wilco connection, etc. I think the horse is dead.

This is one of the worst arguments in the history of this board. WWJTD!?

not really. Lou expressed surprise that fans of Wilco would vote for someone other than Obama. I asked if he really thought the band (Tweedy) would care who their fans support. He answered.

I don't think your wrong..I'm just trying to appear fair and balanced. :stunned
Don't bother...we clearly are talking to unbalanced people here....

If you support McCain-Palin and their wacky right wing stances or vote third party in this close an election and basically support left of center politics, you are not balanced.

This is an election where people who support McCain/Palin are willing to ask for the assassination of Barack Obama; I don't think we have to give anyone the benefit of the doubt at that point.

LouieB

agreed... really not even an argument. People have different opinions on what they think would be best for the country.

The board is split politically exactly how you would expect with the majority likely supporting Obama. While I am, at times, surprised by people's opinions, I know that I shouldn't be.

Yes, the WWJTD argument never ends in a good place. This is a free country (if you vote O) that enjoys (if you vote O) free speech (if you vote O) freedom of music choice (if you vote O) etc etc (if you vote O). Pleas vote Obama!

Can anyone give me 5 honest and clear reasons to as why McCain/Palin are good for this country. The real McCain please. The McCain of 2008. And you can not mention the name Obama, just the facts please.

I know, Kriis, you feel that way. I know it is sort of a stupid argument. No one has to do what their favorite rock star does, that's hardly the point. I am not even proposing that or frankly supporting that. I just don't get how anyone at this stage can support McCain-Palin, period, end of argument.

Wilco fans can do whatever they need to do.

LouieB

I know, Kriis, you feel that way. I know it is sort of a stupid argument. No one has to do what their favorite rock star does, that's hardly the point. I am not even proposing that or frankly supporting that. I just don't get how anyone at this stage can support McCain-Palin, period, end of argument.

LouieB

Wait - explodo is not Kris ... just his picture! :lol

It's Stardog!

Can anyone give me 5 honest and clear reasons to as why McCain/Palin are good for this country. The real McCain please. The McCain of 2008. And you can not mention the name Obama, just the facts please.

They're all idiots. I think McCain is "less bad" for the country. How's that.

LouieB

:whew