Isn't it time for a new election thread?!

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But she wasn't just taking her kids to a hockey game, she was making a political appearance.

Oh, well then by all means boo her. Who ever said we should disagree without being disagreeable?

I'm getting a jump on things in my locale by revisiting the spanish I learned in school. Should come in handy methinks.

That's great. You really should. It is the second language of our country whether whitey admits it or not. I see not knowing Spanish being as big a setback as an Austrian not knowing French, or a German not knowing English. Buen suerte.

Philly would boo anyone. They booed Santa Claus.

Tough town, tough town.

Fixed it.
Oh yea..I should have thrown that in for good measure....

Let's just all hope that no right wing nut job actually attempts to assassinate Barack, because then violence will break out in the streets of this country.

LouieB

It would have been better if he had made those comments to the wack-jobs showing up at rallys before he was publicly admonished for his previous silence by several sources. I also don't doubt the Secret Service has had something to say to him about the rhetoric employed at his rallies lately. My wife works at a childrens' museum in Columbus and the area she runs happens to have a direct view of the park that Obama gave a speech at on Friday. She described the Secret Service presence at her workplace as "rather intense" that day. I don't doubt it, with some of the crazies coming out of the woodwork lately.

Right now, I :wub the Secret Service.

She brought it on herself by being the dangerous combo of stupid and overly ambitious.

Besides, she's said plenty of mean crap about Obama lately. What goes around comes around. And, yeah, she seems to be stupid and overly ambitious on top of everything else. The minute Palin joined the ticket, any small chance that I would vote for McCain flew out the window. Her inclusion on the ticket is truly an insult to women.

Oh yea..I should have thrown that in for good measure....

Let's just all hope that no right wing nut job actually attempts to assassinate Barack, because then violence will break out in the streets of this country.

LouieB

Creepy.

No siht, but it is not so far a field really is it??

LouieB

Interesting.

Jesus Was A Democrat

Everclear is giving away the song "Jesus Was a Democrat" that they debuted at the 2008 Grammy Rock the Convention show in Denver. This is a must-listen, Everclear takes the rock star stance and speak truth to power. How would Jesus vote? He'd vote Obama.
No siht, but it is not so far a field really is it??

LouieB

I've thought about discussing this the last few days, but I'm not sure I want to. I do hear a lot of talk here (in this town) and it's pretty disturbing.

Right now, I :wub the Secret Service.

In 1980 when Reagan was running he showed up at my school's (College) homecoming parade. It was a Sat morning and my buddy was too not ready to get up early so he was going to watch the parade fom his dorm room window...Watterson Towers for those familiar with ISU. Anyhow he was watching the parade out his window through Binoculars while lying in bed when there came a knock at the door, and a helacopter appeared in front of the window at the same time. It was the secret service and the hall RA coming to pay him a visit and ensure he was not a nefarious character. And this from a pearch about 400 yards aways form the nearest that the parade route would come to his view. So they were on top of things then.

Sarah Palin just got booed in Philly at the Rangers-Flyers game. I think we can call the Quaker State for Obama.

Well the scoreboard sign told people to boo:

"Flyers fans, show Philadelphia's class and welcome America's No. 1 hockey mom, Sarah Palin"
Ed Snider has always been a complete reactionary.

is kinda brutal, seeing that her kids were with her.

Plus, the Flyers lose. Sarah's no Kate Smith.

They could just not vote for her. Booing her while she's there with her kids is kind of mean.

She's the one using her kids a a political tool. Hockey Mom indeed. Though I will say it's not fair to the kids.

Is it just me or does her daughter not look as pregnant as she did during the republican national convention? Back then they showed various shots of her and she ws definately showing, but on that Flyers video she did not look preggers, and those were not maternity jeans and a big sweater to hide it, those were regualr clothes.

She brought it on herself by being the dangerous combo of stupid and overly ambitious.

Yeah, because clearly the crowd could not control their behavior. If Obama is really the great statesman that he's made out to be, those people don't deserve him as their President because he clearly doesn't represent them.

It's comforting to know that all the great musicians supporting Democrats are at least balanced out by bands like Everclear.

She's the one using her kids a a political tool. Hockey Mom indeed. Though I will say it's not fair to the kids.

What politician hasn't used his or her family as a political tool? It's not like Obama is sweeping his family under the rug. I just don't see what is gained by booing someone like that other than showing how undignified you are. Democrats are the self-proclaimed caring, compassionate ones. Maybe they should put a little more effort into maintaining the facade.

Democrats are the self-proclaimed caring, compassionate ones. Maybe they should put a little more effort into maintaining the facade.

Maybe they will when Ms. Palin stops asserting via thinly veiled code words that Mr. Obama, the democratic contender for President, is a terrorist threat to the nation. She deserves nothing more than boos. She is lucky they didn't throw things at her. She, of all people, should know the golden rule.

Maybe they will when Ms. Palin stops asserting via thinly veiled code words that Mr. Obama, the democratic contender for President, is a terrorist threat to the nation. She deserves nothing more than boos. She is lucky they didn't throw things at her. She, of all people, should know the golden rule.

So you're only supposed to be kind and compassionate to people that you like? That must be difficult. And again, her kids did not ask for any of this. The crowd could maybe show a little discretion and live up to Obama's standard. It's not like McCain is going to win because a hockey crowd refrained from booing Palin.

I just don't see what is gained by booing someone like that other than showing how undignified you are. Democrats are the self-proclaimed caring, compassionate ones. Maybe they should put a little more effort into maintaining the facade.

Can you explain how you came to the conclusion that it was democrats who were booing? Given the fact that Philly fans have booed other controversial, reviled persons such as

So you're only supposed to be kind and compassionate to people that you like? That must be difficult. And again, her kids did not ask for any of this. The crowd could maybe show a little discretion and live up to Obama's standard. It's not like McCain is going to win because a hockey crowd refrained from booing Palin.

I don't find much ethical dilemma in responding publicly to a politician. Palin is not a celebrity who needs privacy, she is someone putting herself out into the world, and all of her craptastic opinions on how it is to be run. As a citizen of a democratic country I applaud Philadelphia Flier fans for booing her corrupt, polar bear shooting, fundamentalist, unintelligent ass. If you feel bad for her kids then you should shame her for using them as a verbal shield and failing. She should have known the possibility of getting a cold reception in Philadelphia, and I assume her kids were prepared and will survive ok.

Would you feel bad if Mussolini got booed and his kids were around?

And again, her kids did not ask for any of this.

Her kids didn't ask for her to be a total moron, either. I don't think the kids being there has any bearing on whether or not the crowd should boo her. It is no different than any of them turning on the TV in the past eight weeks to a channel other than Fox News. For instance, do you believe they haven't seen the Couric interview? Or the debate? If anything, it's a good life lesson: Not everybody is going to like you.

I don't find much ethical dilemma in responding publicly to a politician. Palin is not a celebrity who needs privacy, she is someone putting herself out into the world, and all of her craptastic opinions on how it is to be run. As a citizen of a democratic country I applaud Philadelphia Flier fans for booing her corrupt, polar bear shooting, fundamentalist, unintelligent ass. If you feel bad for her kids then you should shame her for using them as a verbal shield and failing. She should have known the possibility of getting a cold reception in Philadelphia, and I assume her kids were prepared and will survive ok.

Would you feel bad if Mussolini got booed and his kids were around?

Did you use Mussolini just to avoid using Hitler? I hate to have to point this out, but Sarah Palin isn't quite as bad as Mussolini. Yeah, she's a little dumb and probably shouldn't be Vice President, but she is no fascist. And again, it's not like Obama is sweeping his family under the rug. I would not condone a crowd booing him and his family either.

Her kids didn't ask for her to be a total moron, either. I don't think the kids being there has any bearing on whether or not the crowd should boo her. It is no different than any of them turning on the TV in the past eight weeks to a channel other than Fox News. For instance, do you believe they haven't seen the Couric interview? Or the debate? If anything, it's a good life lesson: Not everybody is going to like you.

Or that there are a lot of jerks out there who can't just agree to disagree, which is what my point has been all along.

What politician hasn't used his or her family as a political tool? It's not like Obama is sweeping his family under the rug. I just don't see what is gained by booing someone like that other than showing how undignified you are. Democrats are the self-proclaimed caring, compassionate ones. Maybe they should put a little more effort into maintaining the facade.

Not quite like Palin has. Those kids are everywhere except in bed by 9:00 or at school.

Did you use Mussolini just to avoid using Hitler? I hate to have to point this out, but Sarah Palin isn't quite as bad as Mussolini. Yeah, she's a little dumb and probably shouldn't be Vice President, but she is no fascist. And again, it's not like Obama is sweeping his family under the rug. I would not condone a crowd booing him and his family either.

Or that there are a lot of jerks out there who can't just agree to disagree, which is what my point has been all along.

Quite the Palin defender. Being the true conservative that you are I would think that you would have little use for the rhetoric filled idea void Sarah Palin. Her best idea, her biggest asset is to emulate the noise she hears on the radio and replicate it for the masses.

Quite the Palin defender. Being the true conservative that you are I would think that you would have little use for the rhetoric filled idea void Sarah Palin. Her best idea, her biggest asset is to emulate the noise she hears on the radio and replicate it for the masses.

That's what you took from a quote where I called her dumb and said she shouldn't be VP? :lol I guess I went too far by saying that she wasn't a fascist.

That's what you took from a quote where I called her dumb and said she shouldn't be VP? :lol I guess I went too far by saying that she wasn't a fascist.

have to say, i was wondering about that reaction myself. :unsure