Isn't it time for a new election thread?!

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tire of this and will just agree with you, I'm a simpleton, the entire economy has gone to shit solely because of the Republican Party and it's figurehead George W. Bush.

does every argument with john smith end this way? seems like it.

does every argument with john smith end this way? seems like it.

Dude, he's frothing.

George W. Bush stole his kid's college fund.

Palin is married to a former member of a separatist movement.

Founder Of Group Palin Courted Professed "Hatred For The American Government"; Cursed "Damn Flag"

Cod-damned Confederates.

But... didn't McCain lose that nomination?

:lol Oh...yeah, you're right. Good point.

Dont buy into this sh@t. More likely than not, its coming from fat, white, racist, uneducated, scared males who see that their time in the sun is over (think rush limbaugh types) and are doing everything in their power to retain power.

I'm pretty sure Rush Limbaugh and his ilk will do just fine regardless of an Obama victory, I'd wager his ratings actually go up in that eventuality.

I'd be willing to bet they're begging for it.

"Rush, make me beg for it, big boy"

Damn, that is awesome.

I always disliked Buckley Sr. intensely, but at least he was an intelligent and well-read man. I could fundamentally disagree with him on virtually every issue, yet still respect his intellect.

Unfortunately, these days intellectuals like Buckley (and his son reads like one, too) are held in fairly low esteem in America in general, and in the Republican party in particular. It seems many in the America of today value strength and aggressiveness over insight or compassion, and don't have much use for those who have been cursed with the ability to think. Witness the ascent of candidate Palin (or Pallin', if you prefer).

I'd like to see that article on the Op-Ed page of every newspaper in America.

Christopher Buckley writes political satire (probably best known for Thank You for Smoking). While I don't agree with him on a lot of the issues, I definitely enjoy his work.