Isn't it time for a new election thread?!

The signature is generally the main check, I believe. You sign when you register and that signature is compared with the one you sign on the day you vote. So if they get a stack of cards with the same handwriting, they get rejected.

that sounds pretty much foolproof.

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't do shit without one, though - bank account, phone service, etc.

True. The not-having-any-ID option only works if you are the Unabomber.

The signature is generally the main check, I believe. You sign when you register and that signature is compared with the one you sign on the day you vote. So if they get a stack of cards with the same handwriting, they get rejected.

My problem is that my signature has degraded substantially from when I registered to vote here back in 1990. If the old women at the polling place didn't know me, there would be trouble.

What if I drank too much the night before and my signature is all wacky?

It just seems like there would be NO question if you had proper ID and a signature could be questionable.

What if I drank too much the night before and my signature is all wacky?

It just seems like there would be NO question if you had proper ID and a signature could be questionable.

We don't run things like that in blue states. I guess we are just more trusting.

And could you imagine how slow the line would move at polling places during big elections. Oy. Would take three days to hold them.

The only thing that I don't like about Obama's plan is dipping into an already battered 401K or IRA would not benefit most people in the long run. Maybe only if all other sources of funds are exhausted; not for most people.

I also think you can borrow from your ROTH funds for these sorts of emergencies without penalty, although I am not exactly sure.

I also voted by mail, and had to include a photocopy of my driver's license to request my absentee ballot.

I was not able to vote by mail, however, and will have to find the time to go to the government center and vote absentee in person.

As if fake IDs aren't easy to get if you really want one.

I guess you're right, mrrain, anyone who would vote illegally would probably be too fucking lazy to get an ID the correct way and would spend their time forging one.

I would like to hear dialogue about how McCain's positions are better for the country beyond just that he's "less bad" for the country than the other guy. Less bad how exactly?

I agree. :thumbup I rarely see an argument for McCain or any of the other 4 presidental canidates that are not Obama. All I hear is that those of that support Obama control the election thread and spout nonsense about M/P. BS! :monkey I don't see non Obama supporters being bashed here, I see Obama supporters being called lots of silly things because there seems to be more of us and we post many news articles that are pro-O.

Show me the Obama supporters who are trying to squash free speech on this board. I personally have asked 10 times now for an honest and clear argument for anyone that is not Obama. I have yet to see it. All this crying over O supporters making up lies, throwing insults, and ignoring true debate here is nothing more than BS! :monkey :monkey :monkey :monkey :monkey :monkey :monkey :monkey :monkey :monkey

I guess you're right, mrrain, anyone who would vote illegally would probably be too fucking lazy to get an ID the correct way and would spend their time forging one.

I was responding to claims that people may vote multiple times and was simply pointing out that requiring ID to vote would not guarantee that people wouldn't be voting more than once. I don't think that voter fraud of this kind is widespread enough to matter though. I assume that you knew that and are just trying to antagonize me though, so props to you.