Austin City Limits - Season 34 schedule

*sidenote: The Nick Lowe appearance is set for Jan 31. I think he is getting 30 mins. Not sure who he is paired with for the other 30 mins.

The new season finds many artists making their first appearance on the famed stage including Foo Fighters, Gnarls Barkley, Manu Chao, Bettye LaVette, Pinetop Perkins, Sharon Jones, Jakob Dylan, Erykah Badu, The Swell Season, Nick Lowe and more

Showing this week on most stations:

October 4, 2008: R.E.M

In their debut Austin City Limits appearance, influential superstars R.E.M. take the stage in support of their latest acclaimed record Accelerate.

October 11, 2008: Bettye LaVette/Pinetop Perkins

R&B veteran Bettye LaVette sings songs from her critically-lauded album The Scene of the Crime, followed by legendary pianist Pinetop Perkins and his catalog of blues classics.

October 18, 2008: Lyle Lovett & Friends: A Songwriters Special

Acclaimed tunesmiths Lyle Lovett and his friends John Hiatt, Guy Clark and Joe Ely pool their talents for this special episode of Austin City Limits.

October 25, 2008: Jakob Dylan followed by Carrie Rodriguez

Wallflowers leader Jakob Dylan showcases tunes from his debut solo album Seeing Things, followed by songwriter/violinist Carrie Rodriguez performing songs from her latest album She Ain

*sidenote: The Nick Lowe appearance is set for Jan 31. I think he is getting 30 mins. Not sure who he is paired with for the other 30 mins.

Foo Fighters

Gnarls Barkley

Manu Chao

Nick Lowe

R.E.M

Lyle Lovett & Friends: A Songwriters Special

My Morning Jacket

Wilco (encore)

YES!!!!!!!

(Especially for the Nick Lowe!)

So exited about the Lyle Lovett/John Hiatt pairing! Looks like an awesome season!

i just downloaded a show the 2 of them did. not that big on Lyle, but Hiatt, oh, man.....

Hiatt's so awesome live. That was one of the first conerts that really blew me away, oh-so-many years ago.

I'd forgotten how much I used to like Lyle, but he happened to come up on my last.fm recommendations yesterday. Good stuff.

i'd agree. hiatt truly LOVES making the music, and i think thats why he's so enjoyable to see. we had a sing along with Memphis in the meantime. that was pretty freaking cool

i need some john hiatt. every time i hear him i love it.

this is a pretty terrific performance of the tiki bar is open. lil long, but worth it

i'd agree. hiatt truly LOVES making the music, and i think thats why he's so enjoyable to see. we had a sing along with Memphis in the meantime. that was pretty freaking cool

*swoon* One of my favorites of his. That, and "Tennessee Plates". And "Cry Love", which also came up on last.fm yesterday.

As for Lyle, I don't think I'll ever tire of "Joshua Judges Ruth". Such a great album.

• 1 month later...

Just rcvd this e-mail from the folks at ACL:

December Lineup

Catch encore presentations of some of our favorite episodes during the holidays

This month we're giving viewers another chance to see some of our favorite episodes from last season. Once the holidays (and PBS station pledge drives) are over, we'll continue to premiere new episodes of Austin City Limits, starting with the Foo Fighters on January 17th. In the meantime, be sure to tune in for:

Norah Jones (December 6th)

Singer/songwriter/pianist Norah Jones returns to the Austin City Limits stage, showcasing both old favorites and songs from her bestselling album Not Too Late.

Crowded House (December 13th)

Reunited after 12 years, New Zealand favorite Crowded House makes its first television appearance since the mid-90s supporting its latest album Time On Earth.

Bloc Party followed by Ghostland Observatory

(December 20th)

England

• 1 month later...
Guest Gym Teacher Man
October 25, 2008: Jakob Dylan followed by Carrie Rodriguez

Wallflowers leader Jakob Dylan showcases tunes from his debut solo album Seeing Things, followed by songwriter/violinist Carrie Rodriguez performing songs from her latest album She Ain

• 1 month later...

Here's the schedule for the remainder of this season. A bunch of great repeats from previous years.

March 7, 2009: BRAD PAISLEY followed by DIERKS BENTLEY (encore)Beloved for his talents as singer, songwriter and guitarist, country superstar Brad Paisley returns to Austin City Limits to highlight songs from his latest album 5th Gear. Rising star Dierks Bentley then presents tunes from his record Long Trip Alone in his crowd=pleasing style of rocking C&W.

March 14, 2009: LOS LONELY BOYS followed by THE GOURDS (encore)It

Lots of rather pedestrian reruns this season.

eh... disagree on these ones...

March 21, 2009: RAY DAVIES (encore)The legendary Kinks frontman Ray Davies makes a rare American television appearance, showcasing classic songs from the quintessential Brit band as well as new tunes from his eagerly received solo record Other People

• 8 months later...

Season 35 lineup for the next 2 months:

Dec 05 Aimee Mann/

Iron and Wine (encore)

Dec 12 The Decemberists /

Explosions in the Sky

(encore)

Dec 19 Kings of Leon /

Roky Erickson (encore)

Dec 26 Arcade Fire (encore)

Jan 02 Gnarls Barkley /

Thievery Corporation