i've not really got any news on anything, but i've just been listening to a couple of the new songs she's been playing and it's made me slightly desperate to hear of any news on a new release.

anyone know anything? post it here.

i've got this link to ribbon bows (a new song with her piano which sounds great) and apparently there are these new songs being played in concert:

Esme

Ribbon Bows

Baby Birch

California

Love You Again

anyone got any info?

That EP she released was really good. I wouldn't mind if her new release sounded more like that. Hopefully retro equals not 1975 but 1575.

Can't wait for something new.

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

it is a triple album, and here is the track list:

Disc One:

1 - Easy 06:04

2 - Have One On Me 11:02

3 - ‘81 03:51

4 - Good Intentions Paving Company 07:02

5 - No Provenance 06:25

6 - Baby Birch 09:30

Disc Two:

1 - On A Good Day 01:48

2 - You And Me, Bess 07:12

3 - In California 08:41

4 - Jackrabbits 04:23

5 - Go Long 08:02

6 - Occident 05:31

Disc Three:

1 - Soft As Chalk 06:29

2 - Esme 07:56

3 - Autumn 08:01

4 - Ribbon Bows 06:10

5 - Kingfisher 09:11

6 - Does Not Suffice 06:44

you can find the track '81 if you search a bit online, drag city were streaming it, but took it down for some reason. it's very beautiful, just her and a harp for this track.

Good Intentions Paving Company was streaming on drag city (i don't know if it's still there). It is very very good! I highly recommend trying to find it for download. There are drums, piano, harmonies, a horn solo at the end, banjo - it also doesn't really sound like anything she's done before, which is always nice.

When I heard that it was a 3xLP, I expected All Things Must Pass or Sandanista! levels of epic-ness, and it appears that this might deliver. I don't know if anyone can come close to those two 3xLPs in sheer level of awesome, but I'll be damned if Joanna Newsom flops trying to shoot for it (she may not "reach" those levels but she'll at least get close).

Good Intentions Paving Company was streaming on drag city (i don't know if it's still there). It is very very good! I highly recommend trying to find it for download. There are drums, piano, harmonies, a horn solo at the end, banjo - it also doesn't really sound like anything she's done before, which is always nice.

yeah... great song and her voice has lost most any/all of the squaking/shreiking she used to do.

it's amazing how she's gone from her voice being unlistenable to me on the first album to digging Y's quite a bit, to being pretty damn excited for this new album. (although i'm a bit unsure i'll listen to a 3 disc album that often)