Beatles remasters are here!

So if Abbey Road had been released today, Please Please Me would date to April 2003. So think about that for a sec: Twelve studio albums and a couple of dozen singles, with a sound that went from earnest interpreters of Everly Brothers and Motown hits to mind-bending sonic explorers and with so many detours along the way-- all of it happened in that brief stretch of time.

That will never be touched.

Spin magazine did a 'best bands ever' list back in '02, and their blurb on The Beatles at #1 was pretty good:

"Imagine if, over the course of about five years, N Sync (circa "Bye Bye Bye") evolved into Radiohead (circa The Bends), into the Chemical Brothers (circa Exit Planet Dust), and into Nirvana (circa In Utero). That was the Beatles from, say, 1964 to 1969."

Of course the examples they use are arguable, but I thought it was a pretty cool way to express just what The Beatles managed to accomplish.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if Abbey Road had been released today, Please Please Me would date to April 2003. So think about that for a sec: Twelve studio albums and a couple of dozen singles, with a sound that went from earnest interpreters of Everly Brothers and Motown hits to mind-bending sonic explorers and with so many detours along the way-- all of it happened in that brief stretch of time.

That will never be touched.

Jesus.