Beatles remasters are here!

Interestingly, Revolution #9 becomes way more listenable in mono. I listened all the way through when at the office -- it became white noise as opposed to stick knitting needles in your ears bad.

Who could have thought that such a Yoko Ono-influenced work could be listenable :lol

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't really noticed a difference in Revolution #9. Then again, I've been known to listen to it twice in a row before, so maybe I'm not looking all that hard.

Part of what freaks me out so much with the stereo version is the way the "music" (sounds?) jumps from speaker to speaker. Big time acid flashback!

Now if they autotuned Ringo on A Little Help, maybe we'd have something.

Yeah, we'd have technology--that sucks the life out of music--ruining a perfectly good song ;).

The Beatles did more with their 4 & 8 track machines than all these auto-tuned 96-track ProTools people ever will.

Yeah, we'd have technology--that sucks the life out of music--ruining a perfectly good song ;).

The Beatles did more with their 4 & 8 track machines than all these auto-tuned 96-track ProTools people ever will.

Besides that song was meant to be sung out of tune.

I inherited all of my Mom’s original 60"s Beatles 45 singles when I was a kid... I remember being mesmerized by the sounds coming out of my little blue record player and that magical swirl of the Capital Record orange and yellow wave as it tuned on the turntable.. And then one day she threw them all out! Why Ma? Why!

I inherited all of my Mom’s original 60"s Beatles 45 singles when I was a kid... I remember being mesmerized by the sounds coming out of my little blue record player and that magical swirl of the Capital Record orange and yellow wave as it tuned on the turntable.. And then one day she threw them all out! Why Ma? Why!

That is one my earliest memories. I still have them (some of the 45s, and barely the memories).

I think I best like the fact that there are 50 pages of posts about a band who hasn't made a new record in 40 years.

About the best band ever. Shit, most of the bands that are discussed on this board wouldn't even be here without the Beatles. No doubt they're old news but jesus, they paved the way.

Sgt. Peppers = Timeless

Timeless = aged well

Sgt. Peppers = aged well

It's simple math

up until recently, this was an album i never really cared much for. in fact, i prolly never listened to it all of the way through. but after watching Beatles: Anthology and a behind the music thingy on the record, i have a new found appreciation for it. the methods they used in going about writing and recording these songs seem so common now but back then no one had ever dreamed of doing any of that stuff.

and can you believe that as the Beatles were recording Sgt. Pepper's, Pink Floyd was down the hall recording Piper at the Gates of Dawn?! there must've been some intense vibes in that building. crazy...

and can you believe that as the Beatles were recording Sgt. Pepper's, Pink Floyd was down the hall recording Piper at the Gates of Dawn?! there must've been some intense vibes in that building. crazy...

i think the Zombies - Odeysey and Oracle was around that time, too, but not certain. i'm pretty sure Emerick worked on it though.

up until recently, this was an album i never really cared much for. in fact, i prolly never listened to it all of the way through. but after watching Beatles: Anthology and a behind the music thingy on the record, i have a new found appreciation for it. the methods they used in going about writing and recording these songs seem so common now but back then no one had ever dreamed of doing any of that stuff.

A page from The Beatles Gear Book

A lot of techniques that are still used today were actually invented by the people who worked on their records.

i think they went in the studio in the down-time between the beatles sessions of sgt. pepper. or maybe i just made that all up.

Yeah, I've read that before too. Didn't they use the mellotron that was on Strawberry Fields Forever for a couple cuts on that record?

--Mike

and can you believe that as the Beatles were recording Sgt. Pepper's, Pink Floyd was down the hall recording Piper at the Gates of Dawn?! there must've been some intense LSD in that building. crazy...

Yeah, I've read that before too. Didn't they use the mellotron that was on Strawberry Fields Forever for a couple cuts on that record?

--Mike

That reminds me of then-current day Paul playing that opening to Strawberry Fields on the mellotron in the Anthology. Chills.

I know I am not saying anything all that profound but one of the thigns that continues to amaze me about the Beatles (and which I am reminded of in all the recent press) is just how young they were. When they last recorded together none of them were even 30.

I remember reading somewhere that the cash register heard at the beginning of Pink Floyd's Money is the same one that was used on Yellow Submarine.

I know I am not saying anything all that profound but one of the thigns that continues to amaze me about the Beatles (and which I am reminded of in all the recent press) is just how young they were. When they last recorded together none of them were even 30.

So if Abbey Road had been released today, Please Please Me would date to April 2003. So think about that for a sec: Twelve studio albums and a couple of dozen singles, with a sound that went from earnest interpreters of Everly Brothers and Motown hits to mind-bending sonic explorers and with so many detours along the way-- all of it happened in that brief stretch of time.

That will never be touched.

Yep. George was 26 when his Beatles career ended.