New Springsteen Jan 27th

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I've given up on this one. Ouch. Bruce's voice is in terrible shape (whenever he reaches for those notes I almost want to support him so he doesn't fall and break a hip), and aside from the catchy singles, there ain't much here to latch onto. The Wrestler remains the best song he's recorded since Dead Man Walking, but hell, it's a bonus track, and it's better for having been set apart from the album proper.

P.S. Queen of the Supermarket is about where I threw in the towel the second time. The f-bomb not only doesn't save the song, it serves as the nail in its coffin. I've never been one for self-parody.

P.S. Queen of the Supermarket is about where I threw in the towel the second time. The f-bomb not only doesn't save the song, it serves as the nail in its coffin. I've never been one for self-parody.

Well, if you use your skip button on that one song, I'd say this is a great disc. As Bruce fans, don't you guys love how different sounding this disc is? That alone makes me dig it. It's so much better than "Magic" which sounded like a E-Street band cover band to me....

Like Van the Man, he's one classic artist who's been in steady decline for decades and sorely lacks a late career renaissance a la Dylan.

That might be true if you're comparing their new releases against their back catalog (which is totally unfair). In that case, you can say the same for just about any great act whose been around for 10+ years (Ryan Adams, Bob Mould, Pearl Jam, U2, Neil Young, and a thousand more).

Lefsetz says Outlaw Pete sounds like I Was Made For Lovin' You

I think I only listened to it once - but I don't recall thinking of that song.

Lefsetz

Have you seen this new act? Listened to the records? "The Rising"? The old Bruce was an outsider, not a cheerleader.

Worse, the old Bruce stood up for the little guy. The old Bruce wouldn

An article about Springsteen on National Review:

Tenth Avenue Sell-Out?

A Wal-Mart CD angers the far Left.

By Doug Heye

The media buildup for the new Bruce Springsteen album, Working on a Dream, picks up where his previous album left off: anger with the Bush administration. Springsteen has called

Here's a great story/interview with Bruce from the BBC. Some pretty heady stuff in this one. Enjoy:

* Interview by Mark Hagen

* The Observer, Sunday 18 January 2009

It's a cold winter's day, and I'm driving through snowy fields on my way to meet Bruce Springsteen. Towards the end of the 18th century, a Scottish emigr

Springsteen Unveils European Stadium Dates

Bruce Springsteen

January 21, 2009 10:05 AM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band will indeed tour behind their new album, "Working on a Dream," with the first stadium dates announced today for Europe in June and July.

So far, six shows are confirmed, beginning June 2 in Tampere, Finland. The group will also play June 4-5 in Stockholm, June 9-10 in Bergen, Norway, and July 8 in Herning, Denmark. Tickets go on sale Monday (Jan. 26).

Springsteen's reps had been cagey about whether he would tour again this year, on the heels of an extensive run in 2007-2008 in support of the album "Magic." The tour grossed about $232 million worldwide, according to Billboard Boxscore.

The group will headline the Super Bowl XLIII halftime show in Tampa, Fla., on Feb. 1; "Working on a Dream" arrives Jan. 27 from Columbia.

Go to NPR music and type in Bruce Springsteen under search. The third link is for a sneak preview of Working On a Dream. It was only supposed to be up on Monday, but the link is still active.

Enjoy

Go to NPR music and type in Bruce Springsteen under search. The third link is for a sneak preview of Working On a Dream. It was only supposed to be up on Monday, but the link is still active.

Enjoy

no, actually they run the album streams all week, just like they did for M. Ward last week and Andrew Bird the week before, etc. ;)