The Who these days

Scott, if you've never seen them you really owe it to yourself to go. It might not be The Who of old, but when they strike up something from Tommy or some such the roof will blow off of the place. Trust me!

I just saw them on this tour, second show in Hamilton, I was quite uneasy going into it not knowing what to expect at all but I came out of it completely blow away. Everybody in that band is still in top form including Zack who I always had doubts about, Pino Palladino is clearly awesome just from his track record, Townsend's guitar tone is completely massive, just awesome and Daltry's voice is still the exact same if not better! No joke! I was super impressed.

Also I am pretty sure during the bridge of Won't Get Fooled Again and the drum solo comes in and Daltry is spinning the mic around and then pulls it in at the last second for "the scream" is quite possibly the most rock n' roll thing ever.

They are coming to town should I go?

I don't think they've played New Zealand since 1968, so this may be your only chance. Why miss it?

I've seen the band 30 or 40 times since 1982 and I agree that Roger's voice is a bit tattered, but you really only notice it if listening to a soundboard recording. In a live setting it sounds pretty good amongst all the racket. I missed their short U.S. tour this year, but longtime fans/friends have told me they were in great form.

Although it's been said many times before, the word is this may be the last tour.

Yeah, that's why I went to see them in '82! :lol

I've mentioned this before, but my 70 year old mother has saw them 3 times ('82, '89, '97) and is a total Who fan. It's one thing we can agree on.

I've mentioned this before, but my 70 year old mother has saw them 3 times ('82, '89, '97) and is a total Who fan. It's one thing we can agree on.

I have a painter's cap that someone gave me a few years ago - I think it was part of the merchandise offered on the 82 tour.

Saw them in 1980.

No Keith and Pete looked to be in pretty bad shape from the coke and booze, but the show was terrific.

You should see them.

What do you think John was on back then? Had to be something to get those fingers "rockin" like they did.