Help save Christmas!

Mine would also like a large assortment of Lego men (the little brother loses them)- but, god I can't find decent ones for a good price.

Have you seen this collection?

http://shop.lego.com/product/?p=9247&L...7&ShipTo=US

You can also build your own mini figures on the Lego website in the "Pick A Brick" section. Maybe you can custom build one that looks like him for a stocking stuffer?

here's what spawn wants.

http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=8527

lego_mindstorms_nxt.jpg

fuck him and his silver spoon

Nice. Does it come with a dirt bike?

Is this Nels II? I remember reading somewhere about your wee one taking the fish for a walk or something like that.

Kevin

PS: Like the new avatar!

This is still the O.G. (original goldfish), Nels. Watt was the one who suffered death by preschooler. Nels is a survivor of the great spoon massacre of 2008!
Here I thought that I was the worst mom ever since I couldn't think of a good idea. Glad I'm not the only one.

Yeh, I know that lego minifig biz is a racket! They do sell sets of minifigs on lego.com that are reasonably priced, but they're kind of generic (like a chef minifig and a fireman minifig).

Could you like glue a robot on a dirtbike? Would that work? It actually sounds cool to me; I just don't know that it's been done before.

(sorry to high-jack your thread!)

Well, to make you feel better, his birthday is December 31 & I don't have any ideas for it either. I usually end up buying a bunch of stuff & divide it into 3 piles: from mom & dad, from Santa, and for birthday

There's a lego store close to my work, I'll go check it out one day at lunch. Great suggestion, I think he'd love the knights or skelton mini-figs.

cute story - last month was Hayden's birthday & my husband & I went to the Dairy Queen to order his cake & facetiously asked if they had any "robot on dirtbike" designs & the teenage girl that worked there said, "we're all out". We laughed & laughed. He ended up getting a "Transformers" cake.

Have you seen this collection?

http://shop.lego.com/product/?p=9247&L...7&ShipTo=US

You can also build your own mini figures on the Lego website in the "Pick A Brick" section. Maybe you can custom build one that looks like him for a stocking stuffer?

Yes, that's the set that I was talking about. Cool idea to get a mini-me Lego mini-fig, though I gotta say it would look like your kid but with severe jaundice. :yay

You mentioned he enjoys reading...other then anime are the specific interests he has? There are some wonderful kids books out there. Or how about buying him an ipod shuffle and buying some audiobooks for him to listen to?

Actually, he was clear that he does NOT want an ipod. Weird, I know. I'm sure that will change in a few years. (The not-wanting-an-ipod part, not the weird part. That will never go away. Weird parents=weird kids.)

Nice. Does it come with a dirt bike?

:w00t

Seriously, for 250 bucks it should.

(sorry to high-jack your thread!)

Well, to make you feel better, his birthday is December 31 & I don't have any ideas for it either. I usually end up buying a bunch of stuff & divide it into 3 piles: from mom & dad, from Santa, and for birthday

There's a lego store close to my work, I'll go check it out one day at lunch. Great suggestion, I think he'd love the knights or skelton mini-figs.

cute story - last month was Hayden's birthday & my husband & I went to the Dairy Queen to order his cake & facetiously asked if they had any "robot on dirtbike" designs & the teenage girl that worked there said, "we're all out". We laughed & laughed. He ended up getting a "Transformers" cake.

Hi-jack away. A little kid talk is nice for a change.

If you know someone who welds, you might be able to get a nice robot on dirtbike special-made just for Hayden. All this robot and dirtbike talk makes me hungry for some They Might Be Giants!!

was looking on-line at the Lego store by my work (the website is iffy & don't seem to have any "links") but they have these cool workshops (& one on robotics & bridge making too), I think I'll sign Fynn up for this one during the Christmas break:

Stop Motion Photography

Stop Motion Photography is a great way to tell a story with LEGO. Our program will teach children ages 10 and up to set up a scene in groups of 4 kids using LEGO, photograph and download to stop motion software, and burn a CD of their story to take home.

No experience is required - all materials provided.

This Program is available during holiday seasons and on request for organizations (i.e. Scouts, day cares, etc.)

Cost: $40.00 per child per class (non-refundable deposit required)

Ages: 8+

Registration Required. Max 12 children per class