jeff tweedy's favorite albums

anyone have any idea? id love to know what he listens to. i know they had a lastfm account at some point, i never really checked it out.

It's been discussed. Use the search feature. Apparently he's a huge fan of Achtung Baby. :monkey

Not sure if this answers your question, but when he was on the XRT's The Electic Company he played a few songs by The Byrds.

Greg Kot's book mentions how much Tweedy loved Neil Young's album "Tonight's The Night."

I've read an article about the loft saying that Dylan's "Bringing It All Back Home" was spinning.

Also, in a NYT article, Tweedy mentions being fond of Dr. Dog and Grizzly Bear.

I'm sure based on Wilco's music that Jeff likes Dylan, Neil Young, The Beatles (the Classics) and punk influences rock banks (X, The Replacements), but I'm sure that like all of us he has a wide, wide variety of tastes.

I thought I read his top 3 were at one point in time:

Pink Moon

The White Album

John Wesley Harding

I remember also reading that Bonnie 'Prince' Billy was his favorite "American songwriter" at the moment. I also remember him mentioning John Cale's Paris 1919, the Books, A Hawk And A Hacksaw, Dr. Dog, and Grizzy Bear as well.

Thanks for the link, Judy. Interesting - many of those would make my list as well.

Mine too. I think I own them all except for Plugged Nickel (which I wished I owned) that is a huge expensive multi disk set.

As far as Daniel Johnston, I am thinking of giving mine away. I have never even listened to them.

LouieB

I remember also reading that Bonnie 'Prince' Billy was his favorite "American songwriter" at the moment. I also remember him mentioning John Cale's Paris 1919, the Books, A Hawk And A Hacksaw, Dr. Dog, and Grizzy Bear as well.

I first found Dr. Dog after reading that NYT article that Jeff mentioned them in. What a great find. They've only gotten better since that too (in my opinion at least).

I first found Dr. Dog after reading that NYT article that Jeff mentioned them in. What a great find. They've only gotten better since that too (in my opinion at least).

Me too. They were on Conan that around that time, too. Then I went and bought every record I could find of theirs

Thanks! I knew that was around here somewhere.

It's funny how much he's changed his outlook on music. In the 97 article, he talks about being a part of something, and in that one about his favorite live albums, he talks about how punk, to him, is just rock, and how he didn't have to be a part of a movement.

Mine too. I think I own them all except for Plugged Nickel (which I wished I owned) that is a huge expensive multi disk set.

As far as Daniel Johnston, I am thinking of giving mine away. I have never even listened to them.

LouieB

That's funny LouieB. I live here in Austin and I've always had to describe the appeal of Daniel Johnston to my friends who don't live here. My description is he's like the emperor with no clothes. Once you're in on the joke he's easier to listen to. I recently traded all of his stuff away. I saw him in Half Price Books the other day btw.