Wilco 12-13-08

Good to see "Forget the Flowers" in there. Note to band: You can go ahead and roll that one over for Baltimore and if you want to dedicate it to Greg and Annette that's okay by me as well.

Hysterical. At the Chicago show Neil cameout at one point , looked at this guitar and said to his guitar tech, "Hey there's a string missing! Not that I'm complaining, I only use one anyway."

The band was tight. Awesome show. ITMWLY to close was outstanding.

They're not used to extended jams with little or no chord changes.

What a freakin show........My ears are still numb this morning.......Arrived in Worcester about 3 PM from Conn. and there were a few folks in lawn chairs bundled up waiting at the entrance......We went to an Irish Pub around the corner on Main St. for a few beers and food......One of our group volunteered to check out the line about 4:15......At that point there were only about 30-40 people waiting in line......The rest of us showed up at about 5 and waited an hour in the cold but it was well worth it......By the time the doors opened at 6 there must have been 150-200 in line......Made our way to the front of the stage and we stood right in the middle with about two rows of people in front of us.......Crowd was pretty friendly and filled with many Wilco fans.....Everest was pretty good.....They have some potential and reminded me a little of Wilco from the mid 90's.....Lead singer has a pretty good voice......Sounds a little like Richard Ashcroft of the Verve......They played about 40 minutes......They were well received.......Wilco was awesome......Via Chicago got the crowd going right from the get go......They were tight as I have seen them......Nels was spot on the whole set.....Not much banter from Jeff but they didn't have much time to BS.......Don't Forget the Flowers was the highlight for me.....Hadn't heard them play it live before.......Spiders was great live......Can't say I like the CD version much......They seemed to be having fun on the stage....Near the end of the set they were throwing towels around at each other......Hummingbird was great as well.....Two of the folks I went with had never seen Wilco live before and they were blown away......Wouldn't have minded if Everest didn't play and Wilco got another half hour to play......But what are you gonna do?.......Neil was fantastic......He seemed to have quite a bit of fun.......The audience was very receptive(understatement).......He ripped off about 4 new songs in the middle of his set that he had not played on this tour before......They were all car related and dealt with the oil companies ripping us off and the need for alternative energy sources.......Believe it or not they all rocked and were pretty catchy.......Highlights for me were Cowgirl in the Sand, Old Man, Cinnamon Girl and Back to the Country........His encore of A Day in The Life topped off one of the greates shows I've been to.......Oh yeah, I'm going to MSG on Tuesday as well.......

Neil's set list......

http://www.sugarmtn.org/sets/20081213.html

What a freakin show........Wilco was awesome......Via Chicago got the crowd going right from the get go......They were tight as I have seen them......Nels was spot on the whole set.....Not much banter from Jeff but they didn't have much time to BS.......Spiders was great live......Can't say I like the CD version much......They seemed to be having fun on the stage....Near the end of the set they were throwing towels around at each other......Hummingbird was great as well.....Wouldn't have minded if Everest didn't play and Wilco got another half hour to play......But what are you gonna do?

Ditto on all here.

I actually wasn't planning on attending as I was suppose to work last night. So the ice storm was actually a blessing for me. I went and picked up a ticket at 5p and ran into Walken and his girl waiting outside w/ the rest of the GA crowd. I got an AMAZING seat! I guess it pays when you're picking up just a single ticket :D

I talked to the folks behind me who were huge Neil fans but of course had never heard of Wilco. They said "Well, they must SOMETHING if they're opening for Neil!" I really was impressed with what they picked for their set list. I thought they did a great job of showing off a lot of different aspects and they really kept the crowd entertained!

I ended up leaving early but I came back to the area as the concert was getting out. I got to meet Pat and re-meet John! Seriously, the highlights of this AWFUL weekend!!! They were SO gracious and nice. It was just me and them and a few of their crew. They were ASKING me questions about ME! It was a little...whoa! They wanted to hear about how I accidentally ended up at SNL when they were there so I told them about that too.

All in all a truly amazing night!!! Can't wait until next time!!!

Last night's show was amazing. I showed up at 4, and got second row right in front of Jeff/Neil.

The jerks in front of us snorted cocaine off the railing (RIGHT IN FRONT OF SECURITY) and then tried picking a fight with me. They settled down around halfway through Neil's set, but they almost ruined my night.

The jerks in front of us snorted cocaine off the railing (RIGHT IN FRONT OF SECURITY) and then tried picking a fight with me. They settled down around halfway through Neil's set, but they almost ruined my night.

unreal.

after i was done shooting Neil, i stashed my camera gear @ house services and headed back into the venue. i almost had the very unfortunate timing of being between a trash bin and an about-to-puke guy, but luckily i sidestepped and he held his spew until he got closer.

i also saw security carry a comatose woman out of the GA area as i was entering it. why do people get so legless after spending a good chunk of $ for a band i would assume they came to see?

i also saw security carry a comatose woman out of the GA area as i was entering it. why do people get so legless after spending a good chunk of $ for a band i would assume they came to see?

At one point I was outside listening to security and I'm pretty sure it was that woman they were talking about. They wanted to get her medical attention but her male counterpart was not only refusing to let her have help but starting fighting w/ security and the paramedics!!!

Good Lord!!!

Did the Neil Youngs fans clap? Keep the beat?

They tried and did well but Jeff didn't really make the big deal out of it that he usually does.

Oh and I forgot to tell you about John Stiratt being a "fan".

Apparently he gave some guy who worked for Neil all his vinyl and Neil autogrpahed them all for him. John was SOOO super pumped!!! There I was being all excited about talking to John and Pat and John was getting all excited about his albums. Also, he thanked the guy for the "great seats" for this particular show. He said they were the BEST ones they had been given to watch Neil on the entire tour. No wonder he's so humble around us...INCREDIBLE!!!

The show was absolutely phenomenal. Wilco stole the show. Have been a fan of Wilco for about 10 years; saw them once in 2004 and will be catching them anytime I can make it to see them in New England. The show made my month!!!!! Great set, band was so tight - only wish they could have played, like, an hour longer.

I am a huge Neil Young (this was my 37th Neil show), and was only recently introduced to Wilco a few months ago. They have quickly become a favorite of mine, so I was psyched that they were opening for Neil. The set was awesome, only wished they were given another 30 minutes or so to play. I cant wait to see them as headliners with a full set. My favorite song of the night was Jesus, Ect. with Via Chicago and and Impossible Germany close behind. Anyone know when they will be back in New England. I recently saw Jeff Tweedy:Sunken Treasure (for 2nd time) and would also love to see him solo. I thought the crowd at the DCU Center was really into Wilco and the people who I spoke to that didnt know them were really impressed by their set. I think they won over a lot of diehard Neil fans.

I am a huge Neil Young (this was my 37th Neil show), and was only recently introduced to Wilco a few months ago. They have quickly become a favorite of mine, so I was psyched that they were opening for Neil. The set was awesome, only wished they were given another 30 minutes or so to play. I cant wait to see them as headliners with a full set. My favorite song of the night was Jesus, Ect. with Via Chicago and and Impossible Germany close behind. Anyone know when they will be back in New England. I recently saw Jeff Tweedy:Sunken Treasure (for 2nd time) and would also love to see him solo. I thought the crowd at the DCU Center was really into Wilco and the people who I spoke to that didnt know them were really impressed by their set. I think they won over a lot of diehard Neil fans.

37?! :worship