I can't help but throwing this out, does anyone else realize what a great song On and On and On... is? An amazing song, I've never seen it live though. I'd love to hear Tweedy play this one at Foellinger.

Wilco played it in Madrid, November 2007. Jeff sang it out of tune, however :ohwell

Guest Gym Teacher Man
I can't help but throwing this out, does anyone else realize what a great song On and On and On... is? An amazing song, I've never seen it live though. I'd love to hear Tweedy play this one at Foellinger.

on and on and on was one of the better moments on SBS in my book. if i recall, there are quite a few fellow VCers who have expressed dislike of on and on and on, which is fine, but i love the song.

i hate to burst the old bubble, but don't expect to hear jeff play it solo in champaign. someone requested it last year at his show at the vic and he said he couldn't play that one solo-acoustic. hopefully he'll play spiders solo for you though... so good.

EDIT: On and On and On is nowhere near my "favorite" tweedy song though.

I've seen On and On and On live 3 times: Pines Theatre, Tower Theatre, and Schubert Theater -- and I thinhk he was out of tune once, but when he's not -- wowza, it's a good experience. I teared up.

i loved on and on and on when i first got the record but it kind of faded. then i saw them do it on austin city limits. i was kinda dreading the performance because i thought it would be a bad closer... and it ended up moving me to tears. sad story, too.

I've seen On and On and On live...Pines Theatre and Schubert Theater

Me too!

And I not only teared up at the Pines performance, I was crying so hard I pulled my shirt collar up over my face to hide it. It's always has been a beautiful song imo. It makes me think of my father, stepfather and maternal grandparents that have all passed on. I also think about how hard it must of been for Jeff or maybe it was therapeutic even. I've read more than once that he wrote it for his father in dealing w/ his mother's passing.

Jeff's lyrics, the solemn tone of the music and the feelings it brings on....whoa!

That was a great show. I will take the trek up there everytime they play there. Justy woish Jeff jumped in the audience by me. I would have touched him (after he jumped in, he commented that no one went near him.)

That was a great show. I will take the trek up there everytime they play there. Justy woish Jeff jumped in the audience by me. I would have touched him (after he jumped in, he commented that no one went near him.)

Yes, I do remember the crowd opening up a big circle for him. He was only one person away from me and well, I did...ummm, touch him...just on his right shoulder. :blush

I'm in the minority (in this thread anyway), but it's my least favorite song, on my least favorite Wilco album. It was the only time during the Residency that I left the front row to go to the bathroom.

I'm in the minority (in this thread anyway), but it's my least favorite song, on my least favorite Wilco album. It was the only time during the Residency that I left the front row to go to the bathroom.

How did you get back to front row after leaving for a leak?