This year's Oscars

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill "monotone" Paxton does not really act he's just there, anyone coudl fill his roles better than he can.

No one could have pulled off that Aliens role better than him

Game over, man! GAME OVER!

Guest Wilco Rules Me
Bill "monotone" Paxton does not really act he's just there, anyone coudl fill his roles better than he can.

I think Paxton is great.

Coconut Pete!!!

His role in Aliens, True Lies, Frailty are fun to watch also.

Will Ferrell and Adam Sandler still make fun movies. Not everyone is great but they are fun to watch.

Guest Wilco Rules Me
Slumdog was enjoyable, but I think there's something about the movie's fandom that is fundamentally not clicking with me. Danny Boyle has made far better films (Millions, Trainspotting).

I enjoy all of Boyle's work also. I have not seen Slumdog, yet but of his other movies, I think 28 Days Later is brilliant and Boyle's best.

For a comic book movie The Dark Knight was phenomenal.

I enjoy all of Boyle's work also. I have not seen Slumdog, yet but of his other movies, I think 28 Days Later is brilliant and Boyle's best.

For a comic book movie The Dark Knight was phenomenal.

28 Days Later is definitely still my favorite of his. Slumdog was really good and I liked it more than the other best picture nominees that i saw, but in a normal year I would have been sort of aghast that it won. I think last year it would have been 3rd at best for me, behind No Country and THere will be Blood.

I don't have a problem with Penn's statements. It's his business. But do you think actors realize that probably at least 90 percent of the viewing audience could give a rat's ass about what actors think about political issues?!

True, but in Penn's case the comments weren't random activism... the statements were directly connected to the theme of Milk and to the performance that won the Oscar. It would have been weird to not say something about the topic.

True, but in Penn's case the comments weren't random activism... the statements were directly connected to the theme of Milk and to the performance that won the Oscar. It would have been weird to not say something about the topic.

And to the fact they faced protesters on the way in. Don't people have more constructive things to do?

I guess I understand why Will Ferrell gets hate, as his is a sort of low brow kind of humor, but I don't think I laugh more at any movie than Anchorman. It is brilliant in it's stupidity.

Also, Elf and Stranger Than Fiction are two movies I will happily watch whenever they are on.

I guess I understand why Will Ferrell gets hate, as his is a sort of low brow kind of humor, but I don't think I laugh more at any movie than Anchorman. It is brilliant in it's stupidity.

Also, Elf and Stranger Than Fiction are two movies I will happily watch whenever they are on.

Yeah, Will Ferrell doesn't deserve to be on that list. Especially since a lot of those guys have yet to make even one good movie.

Will Ferell can make funny, entertaining movies like Anchorman, Blades of Glory and Talledega Nights and then turn around and make something that is total shite like Semi Pro. In his case the good outweighs the bad...right now, but I'll guess in five years we will be very tired of the schtick and I'm just getting ahead of the curve.

Will Ferell can make funny, entertaining movies like Anchorman, Blades of Glory and Talledega Nights and then turn around and make something that is total shite like Semi Pro. In his case the good outweighs the bad...right now, but I'll guess in five years we will be very tired of the schtick and I'm just getting ahead of the curve.

The thing is, though, every actor makes shit movies. You shouldn't be defined by the one or two duds on your resume, unless all you have are bad movies.

I have never liked a Will Ferrell movie with the exception of that one where he lives in a book or whatever, which was just okay. I am a little surprised people here are admitting to liking Anchorman. That is one of the worst movies I have ever seen.