Nels Cline

Ah, Nels...a completist's nightmare but never, ever boring... :guitar

(I refer to the "News" portion of his Web site, which seems to be down at the moment, but where he recently posted details on a dizzying number of upcoming projects. Including a mention that the new Wilco record "might come out in July." Maybe someone will notice that tidbit tucked away in this little thread, or maybe not.)

I haven't received my copy yet. Is this something I should be aware of? Does the cd fly out of the case, or something?

Below is from Nels' notes on his website... see the end of http://www.nelscline.com/coward.html

NOTE: I hear that quite few CD trays have immediately fallen out/off of your CD package, the one I was just writing about just now with the fabulous artwork. Recalls/repairs are underway, but some may suffer. The Cryptogramophone IMPRINT is offering sympathy/discounts and will soon provide (YouTube, are you paying attention?) a little film about how you can repair yours, and I will show you the way! After I figure it out myself. Apparently, it involves Krazy Glue...

Below is from Nels' notes on his website... see the end of http://www.nelscline.com/coward.html

NOTE: I hear that quite few CD trays have immediately fallen out/off of your CD package, the one I was just writing about just now with the fabulous artwork. Recalls/repairs are underway, but some may suffer. The Cryptogramophone IMPRINT is offering sympathy/discounts and will soon provide (YouTube, are you paying attention?) a little film about how you can repair yours, and I will show you the way! After I figure it out myself. Apparently, it involves Krazy Glue...

Thanks to you and Nels for the head's up!

With mine the disk fell out, but that was it. Still better than the fucked up packaging on the new Andrew Bird.

Great album, by the way. I listened to it in the car going to southern IL yesterday. So where is the script/plot of the various parts of the suite on the second half?? Is this a novel, comic book, what?? Just not that hip to know and have not done any research. Rosie and I plan to play a cut on her radio show tonight....

LouieB

My copy arrived yesterday. I haven't listened to Onan Suite yet, but the rest of this cd is excellent. I was kind of surprised to hear the old song from the Nels Cline Trio days on this one (The Divine Homegirl). That song is one of the shining moments from the Trio era, in my opinion. I spent an hour last night learning the first part of that song on my guitar.

I was going to throw you an email with that request. I guess I don't have to now.

We finished the show with the last two songs on the Onan Suite; so this IS based on the story out of the old testiment about masterbation..... :lol

LouieB

Nels playing in Australia on May 1st!! what about bring the rest of the boys down. its the melbourne jazz festival: he's supporting one of favourite artists :w00t

http://www.melbournejazz.com/v2009/webpage...tist.php?aid=47

LAUGHING CLOWNS

Opening Act: Nels Cline Solo (USA)

Presented in Association with RRR

1 MAY

Friday May 1 2009

8:30pm

The Forum

A Reserve Full $42

A Reserve Concession $35

• 4 weeks later...

:yay

You beat me to it, Brianne. As goofy as it is, though, it shows what a good label Cryptogramophone is. They could've pulled what Fat Possum did with the deluxe edition of Andrew Bird's new album and said that it wasn't their fault the packaging wasn't constructed well, but they didn't.

To anyone who doesn't have this album yet, get it. It's a real treat. And if the CD tray does fall out, you'll know exactly how to fix it!

Also, since I can't remember if I posted it anywhere else yet, Nels will be playing at the Stone in New York at 10 p.m. Sunday, May 10.