The Jonas Brothers showed that their not a "crappy" band, just a kind of a young stupid band.

Were you ingesting any substances while this was on?

They've been on every awards show and it always looks like they're not actually playing their instruments.

They're constant shouting of "yeah's" and whatever was really annoying.

One time it sounded like Stevie was kinda mocking the way one of them sang.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Were you ingesting any substances while this was on?

They've been on every awards show and it always looks like they're not actually playing their instruments.

They're constant shouting of "yeah's" and whatever was really annoying.

One time it sounded like Stevie was kinda mocking the way one of them sang.

I give them props for actually writing their own songs and playing instruments. The little girls understand.

I give them props for actually writing their own songs and playing instruments. The little girls understand.

I agree.

They're songs are mostly gooey, sugary, teeny pop, but many of them ARE catchy, and they are all original songs.

The main singer/songwriter (Nick) is a decent songwriter, but squeaks a lot when he sings, which is VERY annoying. They're very young, so who knows how they're music will transform.

One of those kids did an interview with Elvis Costello in Rolling Stone a few months ago. It was a surprisingly good read. The Jonas guy seemed levelheaded and knowledgable about music.

do they play instruments live?

That's my understanding, at least live. Not sure about the record. I read the interview with Elvis Costello and I guess the main songwriter (Nick or whatever) is a big Elvis Costello fan. That's a good sign.

>do they play instruments live?

I read a Rolling Stone article on them this summer, just to find out what the big hubbub was about them. They had just sold out two nights at MSG (which bothered the hell out of me - bands spend their entire careers with aspirations of playing MSG, and these 14 year olds sell out 2 nights?) and my brother had just spent a few hundred dollars on tickets for his daughters. One of the brothers writes all of the music and lyrics. The music might be horribly trite, but I give anyone credit for writing and performing their own songs in these days of American Idol, Ashlee Simpson lip-synching on SNL, and the I-kissed-a-Girl girl lip-synching on the Grammies.

Yeah, I respect someone a little more just for actually writing their songs instead of just being a voice or hired gun.

Taylor Swift writes most of her stuff I believe.

Both of these artists on the award shows - I think they've both been on every one - both seem to be actually singing live but not playing their instruments for the most part.

Both of these artists on the award shows - I think they've both been on every one - both seem to be actually singing live but not playing their instruments for the most part.

Even Bruce Springsteen admitted that the only live aspect of his (terrible) Super Bowl performance was the vocals.